MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default redline water wetter additive and antifreeze mix ratio

anyone ever used the stuff? can it cause problems with my green antifreeze cooling system like the orange Dexcool antifreeze does? i ask because i had major problems with the orange Dexcool. a new water pump, t-stat, hoses, and a flush and the green is back in now. just curious because i believe that the orange Dexcool contains a "water wetter" type additive in it.

also, what percent mix should i use? i know the standard 50/50 is an antifreeze overkill. i have heard between 10% and 40% water for street driven cars, redline recommended at least 15%. whats the best ratio? this car is a daily driver in NYC w/ summer temps in the high 90's and winter temps that can dip to 0 and sometimes a little below. thanks
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Default Re: redline water wetter additive and antifreeze mix ratio

Straight water cools better/faster than a 50/50 mix. Proven fact.

The Dexcool problem we got you through (Looong time ago, another thread I belive?) has really nothing to do with water wetter. Dexcool just SUX, period.

I'm running straight water with 1 bottle of "Purple Ice", and that's it. Never gets above 190* and the Purple Ice has conditioners in it for the aluminum stuff you have going on.

"Daily Driver" I would recommed 60% water, 40% antifreeze. GOOD antifreeze, no cheap stuff here. The good stuff has conditioners/lubricants in it. Make sure you check it with a GOOD hydrometer next month, it's gonna get cold around here, cracked blox SUCK!

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote