MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-09-2001, 01:11 PM   #1
horse with no name
Registered Member

Question mac or flowmaster with bassani x pipe?

Hello fellow mustangers!! I am ready to upgrade the exhaust on my 88 GT. I am looking to go with the american thunder kit from flowmaster with a Bassani x Pipe or a mac h pipe and after cat. I have read a couple mags, and in one test the h-pipe actually flowed better than the x, however it was not the mac piece. I am also concerned with how the x pipe will fit into the hangers and with the flowmasters..Anyone have either combination?? Thanks in advance!
----------------
88' Gt//World Class t-5z tranny, king cobra clutch kit, hurst billet plus shifter, edelbrock timing chain,optima gell cell battery, 9mm motorsports wires, maximum motorsport brake upgrade kit w/ stainless steal lines and caliper sleeves, ect.. Power slot rotors, 16" boyd rims wrapped in bfg, g-force rubber
horse with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:45 PM   #2
Phantom5oh
Registered Member

The MAC Pro Chamber is the best Flowing crossover pipe on the market! The only problem is it doesn't have cats so it isn't street legal but if your okay with that then you can't beat it, it will outflow any off-road H or X pipe making more HP and Torque. As for after cat systems go with MAC as well, they outflow Flowmasters and personally I think sound better doing it too. I had the Flowmaster American Thunders but I will never buy them again. They aren't bad I just think they are becoming obsolete. There is just better stuff out there now.

Phantom

------------------
CHECK OUT MY MODS

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1350
Phantom5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 02:11 PM   #3
88PONY
Registered Member

Flowcloggers $uck!!! Don't buy them unless you want to go slower. Besides I think MAC sounds better. Phantom is right there are so many different exhausts out there. They are 90's technology. The Prochamber is also indeed the best h-pipe out the if you don't care about cats. Shop around, it doesn't hurt. I have MAC longtubes with the Prochamber h-pipe and Dynomax Racemagnum mufflers.

Good luck
88PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:11 PM   #4
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

I have the Bassani X Pipe and the American Thunder cat-back. I Love how the X pipe sounds, but I have to agree, I like the sound of the MAC cat-back better. I will probably get the MAC sometime after my Flowmasters start to rust!
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:19 PM   #5
bada$$lx

Cool

I'm planning on doing a full MAC exhaust, eveything I read and everyone I talk to have only good things to say about them (great sound and great performance). As for the x-pipe vs h-pipe controversy......the h-pipe in most applicatins is a better set-up. The x-pipe's are far superior once they are combined w/ a straight through/free flowing muffler (i.e. dynomax's ultra flows etc)

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')