MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-09-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
Twitch
Registered Member

Question Newbie question for faster car.

Hi,

I need to know what WILL get me into the mid twelves in the 1/4 mile with a automatic '88 GT: stock so far. I don't really know what gives power and what doesn't so if someone can give me a list of what will DEFINITELY get me into those times it would be great. This way I can look them up, learn about them, and in time buy them and check them off the list of "Things for Dream Daily Driver Stang" : ) Thanks if you should make this list. : )
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:19 PM   #2
vande97
Registered Member

there are alot of combos that can get you intothe mid 12s, but one thing to think about after you get the HP you want it making it hook!!, if you have lots of power and nothing to plant it to the ground, your times will not be that great. if you get a good set of heads cam and intake, and then juice it with 150 shot oof NOS i am sure you will have enough HP to get you there, good luck !!
vande97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 03:12 PM   #3
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Just take a look around at some of the other members cars. You will prob need a good stall, TF heads, TF intake, TB, MAF, FPR, 24# injectors, Cold air intake. um...underdrive pulleys. Dont forget headers. Make sure you can get all that power to the ground. 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, drag launch kit...That should get you there
Good Luck

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #4
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

1. 3.73 gears

2. Headers, Hi-flow H-pipe, after-cat exhaust.

3. Supercharger

4. Then make it hook.

Probably the easiest way to get to 12s.

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:09 PM   #5
Twitch
Registered Member

Superchargers are kind of expensive and isn't there a waiting list, well... Maybe I can find one on E-Bay for cheap or something. Also, any sites that you can pretty mush buy all these heads and intakes, etc...?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2001, 04:19 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

No way a supercharger too much $$$$$

Full exhaust(headers off road h pipe and flowmasters)

3.73 gears

slicks

subframes

and my personal favorite 150 shot of nitrous oxide.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:24 PM   #7
bada$$lx

Cool

I would do it in this order - nice street-strip tires, gears, subframe connectors, heads/cam/rr's, intake/maf/tb, injectors/fuel pump, and nitrous.....wil put you in the low-mid 12's!

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')
Old 08-09-2001, 04:31 PM   #8
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Superchargers too expensive? Think of it this way...

You could spend 3K on a supercharger or spend 3K on heads, roller rocker arms, cam, lifters, pushrods, intake and add some port work. The nice thing about a supercharger is that it is only one upgrade and can be done in 1/2 a day.

The big question is, do you think your stock 88 GT's motor can take a little boost?
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 05:12 PM   #9
Twitch
Registered Member

Yeah my motor is still in pretty good condition but lately (past 3 months) I havent been cleaning the engine, only reason I want to get faster is because some cocky LS1 owner is rolling around town thinking he has Jesus Christ's actual car... Punk got me mad when he acted all snobbish when he beat me... Plus that surge in the blood to keep going faster never leaves lol. Anyway, what would I need in order to reinforce my engine to handle the boost? I'm still kind of if'ish as to the price of a SC, although just thinking about buying all these other parts, not to mention the labor invovled in them, is going in the favor for a SC : )