MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-09-2001, 11:50 AM   #1
95 King GT
Registered Member

Post I need some help and advice on this.

I decided to change the gap on my 95 gt to MSD specs because its has a big hesitation problem. at a dead stop if i hit it just sits fo a secon and then kicks in. when i change my gap its worse. it feels like its missing in a way know, but do you think if i change my gap to 35 it will help or is 60 right were it should be, and if i stall around 1800 rpm there is no hesitation, only if i step on it on a dead stop. pease help
95 King GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 12:30 PM   #2
TM88GT
Registered Member

Is your car supercharged? Nitrous? If not, then open the gap to .055 or more. If it feels like it's missing, check you wires. Make sure none of them are touching, and they're on the plugs/cap.

------------------
TM88GT
TM88GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:09 PM   #3
88PONY
Registered Member

I had the same problem. Leave the gap at stock specs, or .005 less then stock. Our local Mustang shop says that Fords are opposite than every other igntion system. When you do this you should feel a big differance. You have too much resistance going through those plugs. Oh yea, make sure your wires are good.

Good Luck
88PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 01:12 AM   #4
95 King GT
Registered Member

I found the problem it was a cracked spark plug, and i gaped all but 3 to 56 and left 3of them at 60, ( I was to pissed to mess with the other 3 there is no @#$%ing room to work) fixed the missing problem but still a big hesitation. I THINK THE PROBLEM LIES IN THE COMPUTER WHAT DO YOU THINK?
95 King GT is offline   Reply With Quote