MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-28-2002, 03:01 AM   #1
91PA5liter
Registered Member

Default Stuck in park

OK well i got my mustang back 2 days ago with a rebuilt tranny and shift kit and im out tonight and i stop at the wawa i come back out and my car is stuck in park i cannot get it out. I replaced the one fuse that was burnt out. This has happened once before and i replaced the fuse and everything was fine. I did notice that there are two wires hanging down by the fuse box that arnt attached to anything. The one is red and has a little blue end cap thing on it and seems to fit onto some copper wire that attaches to the fuse but wont fit on. And a black skinny wire that just sorta hangs there doing god knows what or to where it goes. Also my break lights dont work so is this something to do with why i cant get it out of park like a saftey feature ford put on the mustang?? Thanks for any help and hopefully i can get my car back soon.
Ryan
91PA5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #2
7DMACH1
Registered Member

If your brake lights don't work that's the problem. They are hooked to the shifter interlock, they must light in order to get it out of park.

To get it out of park for now, turn key to on position,{don't start car} pull shifter to neutral and start car. RAY
7DMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
91PA5liter
Registered Member

thanks for the help i did that with the turning to the on postion and got it into neutral then drove it down to the ford dealership and they are looking at it today they said its most likely the relay switch for the break lights so hopefully it will be fixed when i come home tomarrow. Thnaks again
ryan
91PA5liter is offline   Reply With Quote