MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2001, 01:24 PM   #1
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Post MAC longtube headers......

Well I ordered my GT40 P heads, and I talked to MAC and they said that they only have shorties to fit these heads, but I talked to Central Coast Mustang and they said they work nicely with the P heads. Does anybody know the answer???????? This is confusing.
And while I am on the subject, which are better and why GT40 irons or GT40 P irons?

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit, March underdrive pulley's Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...just ordered some new Red alum pulley's. Doing some big shopping of late, I will keep you posted.
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 03:23 PM   #2
Josh91
Registered Member

The Mac longtubes will work, period. The #7 plug (I think) is snug, but they'll work fine. CCM knows what they are talking about. The webpage in my sig has info on headers and it also says the Mac's will work.

As for the other question, the P's are better. The P heads have better flow, velocity, and the I/E ratio is very good. There are too many reasons to list why they are better.

------------------
1991 Mustang GT - Cobra Intake, FMS 65mm TB, C&L 73mm MAF, GT-40P heads, Crane 2031 cam, Crane 1.7rr, Built AOD, Art Carr 2400 non-lockup converter, Transgo shift kit, BBK chrome cold air, FMS 'P' headers, Pacesetter off-road H, BBK aluminum pulleys, 2-C Flows w/ dumps, 4.10's, Steeda STB, for now...

The Original GT-40P Tech Page
Josh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 03:51 PM   #3
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Thanks Josh91,

I wrote to MAC again and they corrected themselves and said that they would work, I didn't have to lift my engine for the Flowtech long tubes, do I for the MAC's? I heard there were some shorter plugs you could use in the certain tight areas, do you by chance know what they are? Thank you again.

Kevin

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit, March underdrive pulley's Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...just ordered some new Red alum pulley's. Doing some big shopping of late, I will keep you posted.
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 05:17 PM   #4
Josh91
Registered Member

The P webpage in my sig has the part number for the short plugs, but they are outrageously expensive. I would recommend getting some MSD plug wires (or any brand for that matter) with a 90* boot on the end. The 90* boot ought to allow plenty of clearance. Not sure on lifting the engine. That would probably depend on the condition of your motor mounts and who knows what else. I have heard people say they had no poblems. But I have also heard of having to jack up the motor just a little. Another thing I heard was of some people installing the headers from under the car. I don't know which will work best for you. When I get mine I will just attempt them from the top.

------------------
1991 Mustang GT - Cobra Intake, FMS 65mm TB, C&L 73mm MAF, GT-40P heads, Crane 2031 cam, Crane 1.7rr, Built AOD, Art Carr 2400 non-lockup converter, Transgo shift kit, BBK chrome cold air, FMS 'P' headers, Pacesetter off-road H, BBK aluminum pulleys, 2-C Flows w/ dumps, 4.10's, Steeda STB, for now...

The Original GT-40P Tech Page
Josh91 is offline   Reply With Quote