MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-30-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
jalangst
Registered Member

Default AOD Follow-up Tech Question

Ok, in responce to some of you guy's threads, i have kept the tranny fluid changed properly. I changed it last summer with the help of a friend, but i don't think he knew what he was talking about. Since we changed it, it has been slipping when ever the tranny gets hot now. I wanted to see where we went wrong and put the correct stuff in it this time, i think we got it a little too full last time also, does that hurt it? So, i do keep it changed on a regular basis. I just want to do it right this time. Thanks again.

'89 Mustang
jalangst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 06:23 PM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

if its slipping, u have bigger problems than a fluid change. Sounds like an expensive learing experience. Dont worry, if it makes you feel any better, I burnt up my AOD twice by doing stupid things, am Im a mechanic. **** happens
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
FritzDaKat
Registered Member

I read somwhere where the AOD has been known to "spill over" ATF where it should'nt in some cases where sharp cornering is involved causing slippage. Not too certain about the truth in that really, but figured it might be worth a mention.

As far as changing fluid in an AOD, I'd think you might be better off going and having that done where they have the equipment to properly flush the entire system, Trans / Cooler, Torque converter. Just my thoughts.
FritzDaKat is offline   Reply With Quote