MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-24-2001, 08:41 AM   #1
A Wild Neg
Registered Member

Post Shroud/Fan questions

If anyone remembers; I have nothing but heating problems.
I found a good spot on the distributor where its very sensitive - I can hit 6500 rpm, and all is good. I heat up pretty fast, and I just installed yet another fan. It's a flex fan from Flex-O-Lite. '1500' series I believe, 18.5". Well, Its pulling in really good, and when I cruise it actually cools and stays about @ 180. My question: I need a shroud for this to help even more. Hopefully it will help while stopped and at idle times. I'm wondering if there is a shroud that you think would fit this setup, or the easiest way/ideas to build one custom? Do I take hard plastic, cut and melt my own, use aluminum, or...what?

Next question: I've had good luck with restricters on the car, but I have a few people telling me to try a 195 thermostat, or a 160. I don't know if I should stick with the restricter, or go with a thermostat. I don't have a heater - its a race car - so the rationale for using a thermostat really doesn't apply here. Any ideas?

- Kevin (A Wild Neg)

[This message has been edited by Mr 5 0 (edited 07-24-2001).]
A Wild Neg is offline   Reply With Quote