MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2002, 10:31 PM   #1
redsn95vert
Registered Member

Default aode questions

I'm sick of dealing with this piece of S**T transmission. The only problem is that I can't afford to swap it out for anything else. I know that their are the basic upgrades for it....sift kit, cooler, deeper pan, but are their any other thing I could do to get some more performance and longevity out of it for a reasonable price?
Thanks guys
95 GT convertable, ported+polished GT40 heads, port matched upper and lower Cobra intake manifold, Flowthech headers, Catco hi-flow h-pipe with 2 hi-flow cats, Mac true fit catback exhaust, 3.73 gears, underdrive pullies, Edelbrock 70mm throttle body, Mac cold air intake, FMS 24lb injectors, Granatelli 75mm mass air
redsn95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 01:02 AM   #2
LethalInjection
Registered Member

Hey man I know how you feel. I have one of those pieces of crap in my car. You probably already know this, but the stock torque convertor in them things sucks. Swapping to a T5 within the next week. If i were you i would get a higher stall convertor. Somewhere in the range of 2500 to 3500 depending upon how much you drive the car at the strip. But it should pick your car up quite a bit.
LethalInjection is offline   Reply With Quote