MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
procharge94
Registered Member

Default 93 wiring harness on a SN95

Will the EFI wiring harness including all the sensors from a '93 fit on a SN95? I am having electrical issues and my wiring harness is shot. I will be installing an A9L as well, so I figured I might as well use the correct EFI harness, if it will fit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the compatibility?
procharge94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: 93 wiring harness on a SN95

Pro-M sells a harness conversion kit that allows you to run an A9L with the SN harness. They say the car will be 4 tenths quicker with the A9L.

I also was wondering about running an 89 harness and ecu in a fox but I havent found any info.

If you find anything please PM me cause I am wondering the same thing.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
procharge94
Registered Member

I refuse to pay that ridiculous amount of money for an adapter that will not fix my problems. I need a new wiring harness and ECU, so I figured it would be a good idea to convert to OBDI.
From the information I have obtained, putting a 93 EFI harness on a SN95 is very doable. There is one module, the exact name of which has temporarily slipped my mind, that needs to have wiring routed to in order for the distributor to function correctly. It is the module that is mounted on the side of the distributor on Fox's, but mounted on the sidewall on SN95's.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #4
1989GT
Registered Member

I would say that you can do it. But the question is how much wiring are you going to have to do. I was have computer problems in my '89 a few years back and swapped a sn-95 comp. into it for test purposes. It ran like shit but allowed me to pin the problem on my computer so I replaced it. I'm not sure how much of the wiring is different I know that most of it is the same but the sn-95s have electric fans and other things that won't work with an A9L in the car. Unless you figure out a way to hook it up. So you have to figure out what the differences in wiring are.
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #5
andy669
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by procharge94
There is one module, the exact name of which has temporarily slipped my mind, that needs to have wiring routed to in order for the distributor to function correctly. It is the module that is mounted on the side of the distributor on Fox's, but mounted on the sidewall on SN95's.
That is the TFI module. I would recommend getting an earlier distributor, along with the harness and computer. That seems like an easier way to tackle that problem. You will need some type of switch for your electric fan, and you will prolly have to extend the wires for the ACT. I dont think this swap is for the beginner, but a seasoned mechanic should be able make it pretty easily.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #6
procharge94
Registered Member

My dilemma is that I just bought an MSD distributor recently for the car. Otherwise, I would purchase a distributor for a Fox. I am quite confident that I can wire the TFI module into the harness in order to use my current distributor. My main concern was to do some troubleshooting before I pulled my existing wiring harness off. It sounds like this swap is very doable.