MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-26-2001, 02:21 AM   #1
andrewgarland
Registered Member

Question Exhaust on a '95 GT?

What brand/setup would you guys suggest for my stock '95 GT? This will be my first modification, and I want it to be good for a while. I'll probably do the headers with it. Thanks!

Andy

PS - It's AOD if that makes a difference, shift kit to come soon, and gears...
andrewgarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 02:51 AM   #2
85muffstang
Registered Member

I have a little experience in this area.
I bought a 95 cobra and wanted to add everything I saw in the mags. First was flowmasters (no difference with power or sound) then came the off road H-pipe (sounded awesome but felt slower, seemed to lose torque). then came the throttle body, I went with the 65mm, and I noticed a little better throttle response. THEN I did the headers and HELLOOO POWER. I could really feal the difference, especially in 2nd gear when the motor was under load. I used the motorsport unequal length shorties. Then came the 3:73 and I wasnt very impressed, although it wasnt a big jump from the stock gears.
If I were you I would go for the headers first. That was the biggest bang for the buck in my opinion. I liked the motorsport shorties but they are all pretty good. If you can afford it, go with the hi-flo cat setup, and the mufflers is all up to what sound you like.
Boy I miss that car.
have fun with your mods, Mike

------------------
85GT,auto/2400 stall,converted to carb.
edelbrock 600, performer RPM, BBK equal length headers, mallory distr. and ignit., h-pipe, flows, 3:73, converting to five lug and installing 95 cobra rims.

[This message has been edited by 85muffstang (edited 02-26-2001).]
85muffstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 03:10 AM   #3
chris91LX
Registered Member

I have the Dynomax Super Turbo and I'm fairly pleased. One thing to consider is how much work your going to do to the car. If your going to do some mid to heavy mods open the exhaust up with a bigger system. I went from the stock 2 1/4" system to a 2 1/2" system because I knew I was going to be modifying my car as much as moola permitted. But, when you open up the system you will lose some torque, until you do more mods (throttle body, MAF, intake, heads etc.). Best performance increase would probably be from headers and an aftermarket h or x pipe and they would also definitely make the sound much more aggressive. I would probably go with the flowmaster three chamber system if I was to do it again, unless I could afford the Borla system.

------------------
91 LX 5.0
Z t-5, 3:73 gear, Vortech 73mm Mass Air, Accufab 65mm TB, BBK underdrives, Crane HI-6S Ignition, BBK unequal length headers, Bassani x pipe, 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo cat back, Kenny Brown Super Subs, Factory Five Control Arms, Mac cold air kit and more to come!
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote