MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-2002, 06:41 AM   #41
GodStang
College Stanger

My father and I paint cars as a hobby. I know how much time and money go into painting a car. I asked my dad about how good Macco was and he warned me. Well about a year later we added a 1988 Jeep Wrangler to our collection. The guy we bought it from had it painted there. They did not paint the inside so the outside was bright yellow and the inside was red. It looked like the Mc Donalds mobile. I went mudding for the first time and when I went to wash off the mudd alot of the paint washed off with it using a normal garden hose. We sanded it down and repainted it inside and out and it is a hundred time better. Macco left overspray on everything.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:43 AM   #42
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Thats a very good point... No matter what kinda job you get done from maaco, you will have overspray on just about everything. I left my car there for about 5 days, i thought that was plenty of time, and the paintjob is good, but there are a few spots where the tape job screwed everything up. I would do it again though. The car looks a million times better, and for under 300 bucks, well i couldn't do it that cheap myself.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 02:50 AM   #43
Mustanguy

Thumbs up

exgmguy

I said it awhile ago and I'll say it again,you have one nice ride bro!

You just made my wallpaper AGAIN
Old 07-01-2002, 09:14 PM   #44
exgmguy
Registered Member

Thanks again....
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 09:53 PM   #45
Mach 1
Registered Member

Your car is sweet man, but theres one thing I noticed that I have to tell you. Lower that thing!! It looks like a 4X4 truck with that ride height!
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 03:41 PM   #46
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by WyldeBLS
Every Maaco is privately owned and operated, so to say they are all shitty would be like saying customer service at all McDonalds is shitty.

My dad gets his car painted by his buddy that works at Maaco, and my dad gets the best paint job, and his buddy preps the car, and preps it right. After 5 years, my dads 78 El Camino still shines like new with the Viper Blue w/ pearl metallic.

Keep in mind, a good paint job will only last with good care.
I agree, its pretty ignorant to label each Maaco as "poor", especially since they are FRANCHISES and NOT a corparation

Best (and really the only appropiate advice) is to check out the one you are planning to take it to. Try to find some former (and hopefully pleased!) customers, and see what they have to say. I mean, I could tell you all day about buddy #1 got a great job done, and how buddy #2 had a lousy experience, but that won't help you in the slightest.

Good luck!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote