MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-25-2001, 10:56 AM   #41
Shotgun28
Registered Member

well to be honest Godslayer, I am not sure about everyone else in here, but I am a semi-regular guy, with a very regular job, and a semi-regular family and the cost difference is a huge factor. For this kit you are more or less paying $350 for the kit with an added cost of 150, for new fuel pump, and little misc, and free labor, easy to install, and for a stage one kit, you have a cost of $475-$500 with about an extra 150-300 in extra needed, and then a pretty decent install fee.( this is a big factor, installation) And for mild use, say a 50 shot, and not planning on using the kit often, I think this Compucar kit would work better for me personally. I never go to the track and I am not dependent on this for times, etc. Others in this post have used the product, and have had good results, not always perfect, but for me, I don't need perfect, just a little something extra when I have a heavier foot.But like I said this is only my opinion. Okay then......

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit,ASP red alum. underdrive pulleys, Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and just purchased some GT40P heads, looking at exhaust, Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 11:25 AM   #42
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

Hey shotgun...
I like the bag kit and it's been around since '97.......
But installing the 5115 kit is very very easy.
I did mine and a buddies, it only takes about 2 hours.
I've seen used dry kits for $200 complete.
I hear what your saying..i'm the same way.
I have lots of used parts on my car and my NOS kit is one of them.

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:56 PM   #43
1989GT
Registered Member

The only reason I mentioned that the O2 sensors help determine fuel is because they do. But like Unit said it's not likely that they will because you'll be in open loop. I'm kinda sketchy on the whole thing too. But I'm willing to give it a try. Obviously other people have had good results with it. I would say that the MAF sensor reacts pretty fast. Considering all it has to do it see the voltage raise to keep the constant temp. Then look at the tables and dump in more fuel. Ohh and if I sprayed a "100" shot that would only be about a 1/3 increase in fuel, maybe a little less. But I know my car already runs quite rich so I'm not really gonna worry about it.

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
Throttle Junkie Powered by Ford!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
PVT Blankenship leaving for BCT 14MAR01
MOS 67 Romeo

1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 02:42 PM   #44
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Yeah, technically it would only require an additional say 30% or so on the increased fuel for the hp, but I don't think you'll find too many people running N20 that like running the same fuel figures as they would N/A. 50% is a little big though I guess.

At least there is no fuel backed up in the system. Otherwise you'd be in danger of blowing the top half of your motor off.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:30 PM   #45
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Wink

I talked with Ken Holcomb of Holcomb Motorsports, and he said this was a nice kit, safe, and fairly reliable,It is adjustable to 90 h.p. I am thinking I will pick it up and get a new 190 lph fuel pump with it. We will see I am trying to wait and see is the original person who started this post, get his or her bottled filled and plays this weekend, I am waiting on his results and thoughts. Just thought I would let you know what Ken Holcomb said...

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit,ASP red alum. underdrive pulleys, Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and just purchased some GT40P heads, looking at exhaust, Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Old 01-28-2001, 05:18 PM   #46
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Did you guys get the juice going over the weekend, and what is your report on it...I am very curious, thank you.

------------------
Old 01-29-2001, 12:34 AM   #47
Flatliner
Registered Member

Talking

Yes, I did get to use it Saturday night.
It was awesome! There wasn't any hesitation from when I hit the button to when it kicked in. I was very impressed. Overall I think it was worth the money.

90 GT,C-4 tranny,Hurst Vmatic 2 shifter 4.10 gears, Hooker equal length headers, off road H-pipe,2 chamber Flowmasters,
MAC cold air indution, MSD 6AL,Compucar 100hp shot, BBK 190lph fuel pump

[This message has been edited by Flatliner (edited 01-29-2001).]
Flatliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 04:15 AM   #48
BLWN327
Registered Member

get stage 1 nos thats awsome,i would think twice about what nos_notch tells you lol bob,heres a real nos breather http://hapygas.stangnet.com
BLWN327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 05:35 PM   #49
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Talking

I'm not trying to start a flame but for you guys that keep saying this kit is junk and isn't safe i'm sure Flatliner would switch to a nos kit if one of you would buy it and put it on for him.You know this hobby gets a little exspensive and not all of us can afford top dollar items so if you don't like it fine if you do great i just don't see why it's such a big deal.And another thing i don't think they could sell a n20 kit that wasn't safe

------------------
86GT-MACcatback-89heads,intake,TB,KENNYBROWNsubs,3.73's,HURST shifter,much more to come
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote