MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-20-2001, 03:46 PM   #21
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Well I have had bad experience with Keith Black pistons so I didnt want to stick with there Summit 347 Kit. So we ordered from different catalogs. Ross Pistons 500 Eagle Rods 320. But actually in the 347kit from summit for 1500. I got all the same parts(different better brands) for 1250.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Cobra Computer, Cobra Transmission, GT40 Ported and Polished Upper and Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, March Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, NGK Plugs, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 77mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, High Tolerant Painted Calipers and Drums.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 03:53 PM   #22
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 02-20-2001).]
Old 02-20-2001, 05:29 PM   #23
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Just speaking from first hand experience with a 93 Cobra computer, they are worthless

We yanked the Cobra computer because it pulls so much timing out at the top and makes the car flat if it has any kind of *** and power. That's why Pro-M sells a adapter to get rid of the limiters in the Cobra computer. We are now running s Speedbrain and will never look back.....

$320 for a set of Rods is a awsome deal, if I/or any of us need some for my/our next motor can you help me/us out? I have well over $3000 in my motor, and I am running stock rods, pistons, crank. How did you get your injectors for free with the meter, they are a $200 value.

I agree that the numbers on the 347 with the Holley kit are low, Dave_5.0_Mustang got 300RWHP on the dyno out of his hi-mile 302 with the kit, that roughly 350 FLYWHP.

I'm going to dyno mine in the spring and I am really looking for 400FLYWHP after some minor porting/polishing and a new cam swap, I don't see it being far out of reach; I have the Holley kit but with the newer 2.02 heads and they flow pretty good out of the box. I would like to know where the 440HP number came from? Did you dyno it? If so post the numbers as the old saying goes "PUT UP OR SHUT UP?

SaleenGTS tell your friend with the Holley kit to check his heads, I just pulled mine off since I had a oil consumption problems and found almost every valve seal had pulled out, one broke and was clogging my return hole in my head. I know 3 other people that have had bad heads from Holley, guides, seals mainly.

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98

[This message has been edited by Rick 91GT (edited 02-20-2001).]
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 08:32 PM   #24
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I sure can help with prices. And for some of you that dont believe me call Automotion located in Indianapolis Indy. High Performance parts dealer. They have the Eagle 5.400in Rods for 319.00
My best friend had a 91 gt that he was working on and had the injectors and the mass air unit and he traded me those for a couple dakota r/t wheels.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Cobra Computer, Cobra Transmission, GT40 Ported and Polished Upper and Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, March Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, NGK Plugs, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 77mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, High Tolerant Painted Calipers and Drums.
Old 02-20-2001, 08:38 PM   #25
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Those are the hp numbers that quinlin racing gave me. They said I should be pushing around 440hp. Do people not see the extra power I have. Electic Fan frees up 17hp
underdrive pulleys
headers
offroad h-pipe
RAM AIR!!

------------------
Old 02-20-2001, 09:32 PM   #26
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Holy sh*t, lots of replies, guys my ISP was down for weeks, im just now getting to read these, but im starting with some poweradder mods probaly, after heads and cam, im going towards a 150 shot.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 09:59 PM   #27
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

I need to correct NOS_NOTCH, my car is (not) an AOD, the 3.27's came out of an aod ver, and work well.

Hey Blkrain, glad to see ya back man, as you probaly noticed i hit gool ole 13.9, im just ready to go much faster

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 97.80
Best 60': 2.0047

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
Old 02-20-2001, 10:41 PM   #28
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Ok, I have to point out all the flaws in your $3000 estimate here Smokedawg. No one else is going to get free injectors, such good deals on heads and intakes. Even in the classifieds they are never that cheap. All the other peices and all are going to cost over $3k. So we are just going to have to throw that all out.

I've been thinking it over. You really should go with a custom cam for your setup. That B303 is not going to make power to 6500 rpms like you would like it too. And that GT40 intake better be cut and welded if you want it to breathe that high. Those intakes are not known to breathe are super high rpms like your looking for. The 12.5:1 compression is definatly a big plus, and is going to be the big point in pushing you to 400+ HP. There is no way your going to be able to run this car on the street though with street gas with iron heads and 12.5:1 compression.

"The heads in the url I addressed were IRON, and my ports are bigger than those. "

Your heads are IRON too. I'd like to see the flow #'s on your heads just outta interest.

And yes the 93 cobra computer is a peice of crap too. So if you hope to make any power swap in the A9L that you have 3 of. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. And yes, I know how to change a set of spark plugs ******* .

And for your own information, you havn't proved anyone wrong yet. You've just led us on with mis-information, and then saying I'm wrong and having nothing to really back yourself up with.

However, with a custom cam, and some good tuning, and if your combo does come together right you should see 440hp at the flywheel. Its that 12.5:1 compression thats going to do it for you.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, E-303 Cam, Edelbrock Intake, and a whole lot more.
13.2@106mph
-Shooting for 12's and a 351 slowly in the works!

Stock-94 Integra 15.48@91mph
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 01:20 AM   #29
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

No need for flames, but thanx guys, i accepted the fact im gonna need around5K to be on the safe side, and forget about my stock t-5 holding up on a 11 or low 12sec car, plus my car will need suspension and 3.73 or 4.10 grs, especially tires

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.

Old 02-21-2001, 09:14 AM   #30
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Skyman--

I am just a little leary on the extrude honing of my intake. What kind of cam do you people expect me to be running with this setup? Yes I do have irons but they have been fully race prepped ported. And by the way none of you have proved myself wrong either skyman.

If you call around you can find much of these prices the same also, just look before you buy. Automotion in Indy, IN is an excellent High Performance dealer and can save you $$$. There only thing I believe they are expensive on is there nitrous express systems.

------------------
Old 02-21-2001, 10:04 AM   #31
Jaydee
Registered Member

Been following this thread for a few days. Seems that no one is probably really wrong, just some big differences in how you and others are getting your motors together. Smoke, you probably did put your combo together for 3k. The only problem is 99% of the people on this board could not come close to duplicating what you did, in terms of no cost machining and assembly and matching some of the deals you got on parts would be difficult. The reality is you 3k motor is everyone elses 4 to 5 k motor and thats the reality that most on this board deal with.

------------------
1965 K code coupe - numbers matching - restoration ongoing. 1987 LX notch, stock heads and intake, 3.55's and typical bolt on's 13.89@100.25
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:46 AM   #32
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Ya you are right on that one. I did get a great deal on my setup for 3. But I am certain if someone didnt rush into this and took there time and researched were to get parts and asked around w/friends they could get this setup for 4. Just take your time when you piece this together. My car was down for months.

------------------
Old 02-21-2001, 02:28 PM   #33
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

Smokedawg-first off, you have no business saying that I don't know how to change spark plugs?? You are a rookie here and have no idea what we have had in the past, and I am sure there are more than a few guys on here that will back me, and that there are a few on here that will tell you I know a little about cars and motors.

If you really do have a motor shop, GREAT, I am glad for you, but don't come on here using your god-given knowledge of motors, and insult us that are trying to help the guy that posted here.

Why not use your knowledge wisely, and not smarta$$ly, and try to be cool, and informative instead of a little $hit and derrogatory.

------------------
Dustin
1993 Cobra #1926

Bassani Full lengths,Bassani short X-pipe, American thunder Cat back, 3.55's. More to come...
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 02:38 PM   #34
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

If you see all my other posts you can see i am not a @sshole. But when someone trys to tell me how much money I have in my setup when they arent the ones purchasing it, it irritates me. You all are the ones who gang up on my like a bunch of @ssholes.

I didnt post any negative comments til someone jumped on me first.

------------------
Old 02-21-2001, 02:48 PM   #35
Green92LX
Registered Member

I have to jump in here...Smokedawg why don't you get your panties out a bunch and realize that you are really being a little bit of a jack@ss here.

Whether you truly are or not, you are making yourself sound like Daddy's little man and nobody knows more than you do. You are quick to insult and are not open to interpretation and lack respect for the senior members on this board.

Why don't you sit back and think about why you come to this site in the first place...to learn and to share your knowledge...not to rub peoples noses in it. Grow up.

------------------
1992 5.0 LX, V-1 S-Trim @8LBS, Edelbrock 6037 Heads, Cobra Intake,E-303, 1.6 Roller Rockers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP w/ 24 lb injectors,MSD 6A and BTM, BBK equal length shorties, offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0, 3.73's,Motorsport "C" springs,welded subframe connectors, Ponies w/ 225/50 Nittos, Dark Green w/ 93 Cobra Spoiler

Daily driver: 89 Coupe with 207K plus, BBK shorties,offroad h-pipe,2-chamber flowmasters with dumps
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 03:00 PM   #36
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I have shared quite a bit of knowledge here. If you read back you people are the ones who started this whole thing. I have never gotten smart@ssish this whole time. I just keep telling you what I have. I never meant to come across saying that you people dont know what you talk about but when you say you dont know much about strokers then dont put you opinions in on them. Its hard to fight with facts isnt it. This is all fun to me. I havent taken one comment badly. I am just here chatting with people who disagree with me. I try to enlighten ones being.

------------------
Old 02-21-2001, 03:58 PM   #37
gp001
Registered Member

Thumbs down

At the risk of getting attacked, here my $.02 (maybe $.03)
Smokedawg - The original question was "How much would it cost" but I believe it was asked more for a "regular guy/gal", not someone with contacts. Your original post basically says "Look at my sig for mods and I paid $3k". You never mentioned how much you did yourself, that you had [free] access to a machine shop, and had access to free knowledge (ie your father). Imagine if someone with less knowledge than the people on this thread read this and took it at face value. They would think they could duplicate your setup for $3k. It was only after someone (Skyler I believe) questioned your claim, that these things came to light, then you attacked him. While this is great for you, it does not represent the norm. Given that you have this "extra" machine shop knowledge, why didn't you use it to let people know the maching costs and procedures that they could expect? Instead, you attacked the people who questioned your cost figure, but they had a valid argument until you clarified. You also fail to realize that your car is not real practical as a driver (iron heads, high compression) I know the original question didn't include this, but he was comparing to an LS1 (Anyone can beat one with a "race car") In reference to HP numbers, I would agree with Sky - Don't say it until you can back it up with dyno results, you may be surprised. As far as Cobra vs A9L, injector intakes, etc... I have no clue, my 347 is in a "pre-space age" vehicle. However, aside from the block machine work, and install of the crank, rods, & pistons I did everthing else all by my wittle self
In the words of Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along"

------------------
347, 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, 4 wheel power disc
In a 66 coupe
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 05:01 PM   #38
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Its all good man, i originally asked the question, and everyone was helpful, no i dont have connections in machine shops, (like my dad did when he was in HS) so building a low 12 sec car is gonna be costly, and i dont even have a garage, but i figure lots of boltons, longtubes, and a 150 shot will be my route.

thnx again

------------------

Old 02-21-2001, 05:15 PM   #39
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

Also, I have never seen a claim brom Black Magic, or any other elec fan manufacturer that states "freeing-up 17 hp"

My last car had one, and I didn't see even a 10 hp gain...maybe 5-7 hp.

------------------
Dustin
1993 Cobra #1926

Bassani Full lengths,Bassani short X-pipe, American thunder Cat back, 3.55's. More to come...
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 05:46 PM   #40
93GTDIN
Registered Member

Acually Rodney King said "Can we all jus get along?", not "Can't we all just get along?".
93GTDIN is offline   Reply With Quote