MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2001, 05:51 PM   #41
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

As for the fan look in summits racing catalog. Look in the fan section(pg 93 in my catalog). In the blue box it reads and I quote "Up to 17 free horsepower from a fan change." That means replacing stock fan w/electric will free up hp. Ok, I am done arguing about this conversation.

If anyone needs help finding parts reasonable let me know. I will be more than happy to help out fellow mustangers. As for any machine shop once you get enough done there they start cutting you deals. So talk to someone who has been there and ask them to go with you when you go.

But I seriously think someone if they were careful could be setup with my exact setup for 4000 give or take a little. (Not including labor)

Although I did forget to mention an expensive item on my rebuild list, the motor mounts. Damn things cost me over 100.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Cobra Computer, Cobra Transmission, GT40 Ported and Polished Upper and Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, March Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, NGK Plugs, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 77mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, High Tolerant Painted Calipers and Drums.

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 02-21-2001).]
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 09:11 PM   #42
smooth
Registered Member

Quote:
B303 Cam
this isn't even a high rpm cam for a 302. the duration numbers you mention are pretty insignificant. what is the spec at @.05"?

Quote:
BBK 1 5/8 Headers
i seriously doubt you are making that kind of hp with a 347 and those headers. 1 3/4" would be more like it.

and 12.5:1 on an all iron motor? what kind of fuel are you running?

with all of that cylinder pressure that small cam and those headers are huge bottlenecks.
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:47 PM   #43
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Yes I am running that compression on an all Iron motor. The motor has been decked and heads have been milled and high comp flat top Ross Pistons. I hate aluminum heads with a passion, have bad luck with sealant. the cams specs are Duration @ .50":224/224. And the motor is breathing excellent

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Cobra Computer, Cobra Transmission, GT40 Ported and Polished Upper and Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, March Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, NGK Plugs, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 77mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, High Tolerant Painted Calipers and Drums.
Old 02-21-2001, 11:29 PM   #44
smooth
Registered Member

didn't know the b cam had that much duration. i guarantee those headers are bottlenecking your setup like crazy btw, there is no doubt about it or denying it.
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 02:32 AM   #45
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Hey smokedawg, I didn't mean to break your spirit or anything. I look foward to talking to you more on here and reading more of your posts. I really look foward to seeing what your car turns at the track when its all set to go. I just like debating things, and theres no reason to get all mad or anything. I think its good when we can have a heated argument, but were all still here for the same reason, mustangs and power, so lets not hate each other.

Anyways, about your magic 375hp 347, check out 5.0 mag this month. They swapped out a short block on a stock engine for a 347 short block and it only made 20 more hp! 245hp total, thats it. Anyways, they did it with good heads, cam, intake and 11.5:1 compression and it make ~450hp all motor. This was with no accessories and no exhaust. So thats probably about 400 on the motor with accessories and exhaust. The cam specs were much larger than yours. So I doubt your going to make 440. If you do, thats awesome, and I'm really interested to actually see what your car makes.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, E-303 Cam, Edelbrock Intake, and a whole lot more.
13.2@106mph
-Shooting for 12's and a 351 slowly in the works!

Stock-94 Integra 15.48@91mph
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 09:15 AM   #46
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Ok

You can check the duration on it in about all mustang mags. They power you get from a 347 swap is goin to be compared to the quality of parts you use. Thats why I stay away from Keith Black...

------------------
Old 02-22-2001, 10:57 AM   #47
slow87GT
Registered Member

smokedawg, I hate to step on your toes bud, but you have your head pretty far up your a$$

your heads are smaller than windsor Sr's, and that's guaranteed. I know you ported em, there isn't enough tolerance in the casting to make it as large as windsor sr. I KNOW

your really caught up in hype and advertisements, lmao, adding up whatever the catalog quotes and spitting out figures.

get to a dyno or a track and post slips or dynographs before you make yourself look any worse than you already do.

you prolly barely(maybe not even) have 300rwhp

11's- TFS heads, ported, holley sytemaxII, tfs stage2 cam, vortech s-trim

that will go ten's

you'll need a light package w/good chassis and a LOT of hook

------------------
ram air
70mm tb
ported performer
ported 289heads 1.94,1.6
1 5/8 LT's

slow87GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 11:00 AM   #48
slow87GT
Registered Member

what fuel w/12.5:1?

oh your buddy owns an airport ok
slow87GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 11:05 AM   #49
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Slow87GT--why dont your shut your ignorant mouth, pull it out of your a$$ first. I would like to take bets on that 300rwhp. Would you like too? I would love to bet 150.00..But now no backing out. I will post dyno slips. I run Blue Streak 110 Octane.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old 02-22-2001, 11:39 AM   #50
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Well then lets cut down each one of my power adders from what they are suppost to be to more to what you people expect

Underdrive From 15hp to 1hp
Electric Fan From Approx15 to 1hp
Ram Air From 15hp to 1hp
Headers From 15hp to 1hp
Mass Air From ?? to 1hp
Ported, polished and milled heads 1hp
Ported polished intakes 1hp
Cam 1hp
Off Road H-pip 1hp
347 stroker 1hp
All other mods probably only add to about 1 hp

So lets see..starting out with 225 + all other mods that gives me 236HP

My gosh I am so glad to see thousands of dollars wasted for 11hp. Maybe One Bad R/T was right about all mustang cars! check out him on mustangworks at: One Bad R/T he has a tight *** ride.

------------------
Old 02-22-2001, 11:49 AM   #51
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

This is realistic in my books

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokedawg:

Underdrive From 15hp to 1hp
Electric Fan From Approx15 to 1hp
Ram Air From 15hp to 1hp
Headers From 15hp to 1hp
Mass Air From ?? to 1hp
Ported, polished and milled heads 1hp
Ported polished intakes 1hp
Cam 1hp
Off Road H-pip 1hp
347 stroker 1hp
All other mods probably only add to about 1 hp

Underdrive 8-10hp
Electric Fan 8-10hp
Ram Air 15hp
Headers 15hp
Mass Air 8-10hp
Ported, polished and milled heads 40-50hp(if they are as good as you say)
Ported polished intakes 35hp
Cam 15hp
Off Road H-pip 15hp
347 stroker 50hp

that would give you about 450 fwhp.

But the big thing you are missing here, as ALL motor builters and performance guru's know, you can't just start adding hp numbers up...it doesn't work that way.

If you have a 225 hp car and add exhaust, a fan, pullies, rockers, and synthetics, then you would have a 290 hp car, and that is not how it works.

I mean if it was, my old car that had TFS ported heads, TFS Intake, TFS cam, exhaust, rockers, pullies, ram air, and a fan, plus others, then I had according to magazine claims, I had roughly 425 fwhp according to your rating method.

The only way to really find out is to run it and look at your mph, or just dyno it, and end this arguement.

------------------
Dustin
1993 Cobra #1926

Bassani Full lengths,Bassani short X-pipe, American thunder Cat back, 3.55's. More to come...

[This message has been edited by SaleenGTS (edited 02-22-2001).]
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 11:53 AM   #52
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

What do u mean run it and look at my mph.. I cant do that til the track opens and i cant do it out on the road we used to race on.. I got busted for 132mph in a 55mph zone and lost my license for 6months..And 6 months after that of work and school only driving..I am just about done with it all and am not getting that done again. I was racing: One Bad R/T
sheriff clocked me at 132 and him at 122..his *** got away..the cop knew where i lived..needless to say he has made a few visits to my house before.

------------------
Old 02-22-2001, 11:55 AM   #53
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Man you have to admit this messageboard is big! and still growing..
Old 02-22-2001, 12:08 PM   #54
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

When you run at the track, your mph will indicate what kind of hp you are making...a 3200 lb car with a 110 mph trap is making roughly 360-370 fwhp/310-320 rwhp(my old car)

------------------
Dustin
1993 Cobra #1926

Bassani Full lengths,Bassani short X-pipe, American thunder Cat back, 3.55's. More to come...
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 12:16 PM   #55
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

well the track doesnt open for a couple more months..how about a GTech..are those very accurate i will just buy on of those..does it determine all its values on the 1/4 mile if so it wont work cause i aint a runnin a 1/4mile anymore on public roads. I bet it would work though if i have one of my buddys go a couple miles down the road..One stay back where i started and one in the middle to be watchouts for cops then give it hell..my car before was very loud..thats how the cops said he caught us last time..we were stupid and started only 1/2 mile out of town..The cop said with my car and that other truck taking off like they did it was screaming in town..The truck is running dynomax mufflers w/free flowing cats..very good cat growling sound..just like the WS6..dream car..even though its not a ford..
Old 02-22-2001, 01:35 PM   #56
dinomite
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokedawg:
What do u mean run it and look at my mph.. I cant do that til the track opens and i cant do it out on the road we used to race on.. I got busted for 132mph in a 55mph zone and lost my license for 6months..And 6 months after that of work and school only driving..I am just about done with it all and am not getting that done again. I was racing: One Bad R/T
sheriff clocked me at 132 and him at 122..his *** got away..the cop knew where i lived..needless to say he has made a few visits to my house before.

What was he at your house for previously? And get a cb, have your friends get them too. Great way to evade those blue f*ckers
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 01:39 PM   #57
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I think i will try that one then..so is the gtech any good?? i already got 4 motorola portable walky talky things...The cops had previously been to my house on reports by people saying that they saw me being a menace. Such as unsafe starts(spinning tires), reving my engine, stero, getting sideways. All just fun stuff.

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old 02-22-2001, 02:54 PM   #58
eatsgm
Registered Member

i saw a 302 running 11.88 114 mph. I think
you could save your money instead of
buying an expensive stroked motor. his mod:

TFS head milled 10:1 compression
edel. perf rpm intake
cam: 510 exhaust , 500 intake
edel 70 mm tb and spacer
pro-m 77mm +k & n
ram air using fog light opening
elect fan
performance pulley
all msd stuff
3 inch pipe and muffler
#30 inj. 255lph intank pump
3.73 gear
1.6 RR
light weight wheels
slick
svo rpm extender
i certainly forgot something...

+bring the car under 3200 pounds with driver

i know that the little 302 is pushed at his
limit but that is the price to pay.

SC
eatsgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 03:10 PM   #59
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Last night I purchased the F303 cam from summit. I am in the process of ording a set of Weld draglight wheels and slicks. I will NEVER go with aluminum heads ever. A buddy of mine had a big block cuda w/900hp+ on the juice. Every 4 times down the track replacing head gasket because they just dont seal as good as cast on cast. So I will always find cast heads and fully port then.
Old 02-22-2001, 04:13 PM   #60
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Exclamation

I have friends running 18+ pounds of boost with graphite head gaskets on Aluminum heads, no O-rings and they have been fine for years. It's all in the tune...I strongly disagree that Alum. heads have sealing problems.

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote