MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2002, 10:26 PM   #61
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Geez.

I love when people who SELDOM post, come back to the boards in a ball of fire to question the validity of everyone and everything...

DON: Don't worry man, I spent bookoo bucks on my combo, and I haven't even RUN it yet! Remember who we built these engines for...ourselves Screw good trap times. I know that I'm not like one of these NMRA racers, I have a pathetically low budget. I didn't even have money to finish the engine (heads) but now I'm gonna have money to tune it properly?? Whatever. Just hang in there, and eventually you'll be pleased with your track times!
I love it when people baby others who's cars don't run like they should because it seems like the nice thing to do. Your combo was ridiculously messed up from the beginning. Your engine builder was an idiot, your parts are mismatched, it hasn't been tuned properly, and you're not claiming your car runs good. He is, but it doesn't. His car is completed, his valvesprings are not designed to handle the exhaust lift his cam has if they are box stock factory assembled (max lift .500), yet he thinks his combo is good, tuned properly, and is fast It's not my fault or anybody else's fault his combo isn't putting out like it should.

Then he goes on to talk about the inability to make power of combos that have been proven at the track. People do spend their money on this board. When they do, I'd like them to know they can put together a fast car without sticking over $1000 into aluminum heads.

As far as seldom posting, **** it. I don't need to post at all. I've been here for 3 damn years, and poured 1000's of hours into this site helping people. Nearly 5000 posts. I've about had it with dumbshits without the time to really learn what's out there. I only spent how many hours researching the GT-40P head? I wrote a ******* tech article on them. Have a nice day, and get off the rag.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:43 PM   #62
Bobasaurus
Registered Member

Default Thanks for the help

Wow! All the emotion.

I bought GT-40p heads and a mildish cam because of all the good things I have read here and on the corral. I went for high cylinder pressures with both choices. I need the torque to make the Mustang fun everyday on the street back and forth to work. I live in a town where the Z3 and now Z4 are built and leased to the workers. I need redlight to redlight at low RPM muscle and I will get there by reading/studing/listening and then buying good parts.

So for the 1000+ post crowd, they are people here who mostly lurk - listening to your wisdom. Do not give up. I could have been lead wrong by the unknowning if not for your presence.

Remember to have fun with your hobbies and your online friends. We live in a country on the edge - Please enjoy this time of plenty while it lasts.

1987 LX 5.0 - Engine Rebuild now installed - 26290 Wonderful Miles so far
Items now installed from the garage : GT-40p heads, Explorer Intake, FMS "P" headers, Crower 15511, SFI Balancer, 24#, SPEC Stage 1, T5z, 65MM TB, 77MM Pro-M, 255lph Pump
Bobasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 07:52 AM   #63
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
His car is completed, his valvesprings are not designed to handle the exhaust lift his cam has if they are box stock factory assembled (max lift .500), yet he thinks his combo is good, tuned properly, and is fast .....
Did you read where I mentioned that I had aftermarket springs installed (supplied by CCM)? You're right, the stock Explorer spring are woefully inadequate.

My combo is in good tune.... at least as good as it's going to get for now (which is why I'm a bit disappointed in the P). It was tuned professionally on a Mustang Dyno by a tuner with 30+ years experience (on three different occasions - he was very helpful in getting my combo running as well as it is now). A dynoshop.... probably another place our resident expert has never been.

I offered my real-world experience with P heads and I know I would've seen much better results with a better head.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 08:34 AM   #64
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up Comment about Skyler

Someone made the comment about Skyler's car running like crap. Well since I seen this car run at Carlsbad,I would say 12.3 is hardly a car that runs like crap,he has a total package, Skyler's car is a Saleen,and they are not known to be the lightest feather in the pillow.

I seen the car run,it almost pulled the wheels on both runs I seen him do,also,everyone's highly touted Systemax intake was hurting his bottom end,because he has a good stout combo.

I think what the real problem is,Skyler has a real world car and get's out to the real world (the drag strip) every once in awhile,I think his car probably goes against all the rules of an analyzer,Qtr Jr program what have you,he is testing in the real world.

I just figured it out,he spends too much time at the dragstrip getting real numbers,instead of his bedroom waiting on replies from experts that obviously know nothing about the real world they live in a cyber world of message boards,MM&FF,5.0 magazines.

Oh yeah and to re-enforce about the wheel pulling he was running 16 nich tires on the front full width,now you internet experts know skinny's would probably help out big time,but you already knew that.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 02:49 PM   #65
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

103.5mph isnt bad for the GT40P combo. Its not the best I've seen either. I imagine with more tuneing and playing with the car there is a 105mph trap in it.

MPH is so dependant on weather conditions.

My car went 108.8 last time with 2 cylinders at 138compression, 1 at 140 and the rest at 155.

If you know what a stock 5.0 is its 170-175 all around.

I havnt had a chance to play with my timing or fuel pressure at all yet w/ the new parts. And I didnt get a good launch. My car was cutting out in the upper rpms, so the highest launch I got was 5200rpm. If I could have got a 6250rpm launch off the limiter I know I could have seen a 12.1.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 02:50 PM   #66
Skyman

BTW my car is full weight, and full accessory.

Skyler

RIP
----

12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:32 PM   #67
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

I love it when people baby others who's cars don't run like they should because it seems like the nice thing to do. Your combo was ridiculously messed up from the beginning. Your engine builder was an idiot, your parts are mismatched, it hasn't been tuned properly, and you're not claiming your car runs good. He is, but it doesn't. His car is completed, his valvesprings are not designed to handle the exhaust lift his cam has if they are box stock factory assembled (max lift .500), yet he thinks his combo is good, tuned properly, and is fast It's not my fault or anybody else's fault his combo isn't putting out like it should.

Then he goes on to talk about the inability to make power of combos that have been proven at the track. People do spend their money on this board. When they do, I'd like them to know they can put together a fast car without sticking over $1000 into aluminum heads.

As far as seldom posting, **** it. I don't need to post at all. I've been here for 3 damn years, and poured 1000's of hours into this site helping people. Nearly 5000 posts. I've about had it with dumbshits without the time to really learn what's out there. I only spent how many hours researching the GT-40P head? I wrote a ******* tech article on them. Have a nice day, and get off the rag.

Ooooook, I wasn't even referring to you with the seldom posting comment (I was referring to an individual who had made similar comments on another thread), and even to those people I didn't sink to any kind of comment such as "get off the rag".

I don't baby anyone, I was just saying despite my lack of technical knowledge, I think its kinda hard to comment on someone's combo without ever having seen the car run, knowing the exact specs, who built it, who tuned it, etc. Furthermore, how often have you seen me be nice when I don't have to be, or when I don't wanna I just thought that Don probably already knows about his trap times, that's all.

I never disagreed with the fact that you don't always have to spend bookoo bucks on aluminum heads. Some people prefer the durability and lower cost of iron. I don't see why you have to be so nasty to me...
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 04:30 PM   #68
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up Carlsbad Saturday Skyman

Skyler,
me and ByrneCH will be at Carlsbad Saturday trying to get "Da Monster" into the 12's he has upgraded a lot of stuff on his car,he has new upper and lower control arms,3.73 gears now,and some other tweaks he went 13.12@111mph last time we were there so we should be able to bust the 12's with him having 3.73's now,he had 3.27's then.

Oops I am saying all this "we" stuff it is him that has done the work to the car,me and him are just friends,but we got each other's back when it comes to Mustang's and moral and mental support because you know we need a lot of it with these cars.

Anyway hope to see you there,and did you get the exhaust leak fixed?

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #69
Mopar1
Registered Member

So what was the verdict on the heads, lol, before the pissing contest.
'77 Aspen R/T: 318 w/273 heads, 4spd, Hurst Shifter, 600 holley, edelbrock intake, 8 3/4 axle, 3.23 sure-grip, dual 3" exhaust, MP cam 276 / 276 duration 490 / 490 mech solid lifter, Super Stock Springs
(15.65@88 3900lbs)

'91 Mustang LX: .030 Bored, Typhoon Intake, 4.10's, Lentech VB, BBK 70mm TB, FMS A/C elim bracket, 19lbs inject, off road H-pipe, 75mm pro-m MAF, FRP unequal shorty, stormin normin hood.

3420 Lbs w/ 220 (me) and 13 gal gas.

'02 SS Camaro
Mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 10:41 PM   #70
Skyman

No I wont be there this saturday, unfortunatly I have to work. 111mph is good! I definatly think theres a little more in the car though. If hes 5 lug he can borrow my slicks for a pass. That will get down into the 12s easy then.

Maybe weekend after this I can go, and we'll meet up there if u want.

good luck,

Skyler

Mopar- No comparison, TFS are best aluminum head for the buck, GT40P is best iron head for the buck.

RIP
----

12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
Old 07-20-2002, 09:24 AM   #71
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Just wanted to say mustangbelle I love that avatar! Scarface is one of the best movies of all time!
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 11:40 AM   #72
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by FivepointOH
Just wanted to say mustangbelle I love that avatar! Scarface is one of the best movies of all time!
Thanks!! Dragonball ain't too shabby either
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:31 AM   #73
Alabama
Registered Member

As for the heads I have a trickflow box kit and I am happy with the results. They produce alot of top end power. It all depends on what you are looking for. I am able to cut 1.9 60's with the trickflows on street tires and stock suspention. Because of the low bottomend I don't spin. I haven't had a chance run it on a quarter mile track yet because I just move from Alabama to Cali for work, but as soon as I can I will post times. My friend back home runs slightly slower times, but good times, on 1/8 mile track but he is running a good combo of parts with gt40p's Ecam, and performer intake. As long as you match the heads with what you already have you will be happy with the results.
Bama

I have just joined the site and I am enjoying reading what others are doing to thier rides.
Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:46 PM   #74
1989GT
Registered Member

Hey Unit glad to see you're still hanging around. 89 cobra lx what kinda exhaust are you running?
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:27 PM   #75
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Quote:
Originally posted by 1989GT
Hey Unit glad to see you're still hanging around. 89 cobra lx what kinda exhaust are you running?
-Ryan
you realize this thread is 2 years old right? I dont think Unit comes around much if at all anymore unfortuanetely
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:07 AM   #76
jimberg
Registered Member

Yeah, whatever happened to Unit?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:17 AM   #77
fiveOguy20
Registered Member

well theres really not much more that can be said lol.

it really dont matter how fast u go.. as long as u have fun doin it right!

just tryin to lighten up the hostility in here!

best ET: 11.95 @113 1.64 60 foots
fiveOguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:19 AM   #78
1989GT
Registered Member

Opps! LOL! Damn working night shift has got me all screwed up.
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:09 PM   #79
andy669
Registered Member

Eunuch stops in here occasionally just to say how much the site has gone downhill since he has stopped posting here.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote