MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-2001, 03:50 PM   #21
USMC302
Registered Member

Thanks, I'm gonna email'em. MM&FF that is.

------------------
88LX NOTCH, 88GT, 95 GT.
USMC302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 04:15 AM   #22
demon357
Registered Member

I wrote MM&FF a letter awhile back. Needless to say I didn't get a response. I checked on the advertising rates and Excessive pays $1100 a page. I believe they have about 4-5 pages. I don't see how they can afford it. I also know that they have gone bankrupt once and changed ownership within the family. I saw their renegade car at WFC3 and watched it run a 10.60 on the 4th attempt to get down the track. That alone proves to me how intelligent they are in the business.
demon357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 08:47 AM   #23
RMARIANI
Registered Member

Luckily, for me, I've never dealt with Excessive Motorsports. Like most people, I am on a pretty strict budget when it comes to my mustang. Unfortunately, things like the mortgage and food have to come first. If I had made a purchase and got screwed by them my already high blood pressure would go through the roof and I'd be making a road trip to Blue Springs, Mo. Anway, I read someones suggestion to notify MM&FF. I also read the reply that said that they get $1100 dollars a month, per page, from Excessive. Here's my suggestion. Perhaps we could create a sort of internet petition. We could involve some, or all of the other Mustang web sites (i.e. stangnet). If MM&FF gets a petition from thousands of their subscribers, they can't possibly ignore it. As I am not too computer savy, I'm not even sure how this could be done. But I'm sure there are people on this board who do! Thanks!
RMARIANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 04:39 PM   #24
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I just can't let this die. I want to put these guys out of business. They f-ed with the wrong guy.

RMARIANI had some good ideas on how to get a petition going. I'm not the most computer savvy person either, but would be willing to head up such a task. Any other ideas on what to pursue?

Thanks

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:27 AM   #25
fiveoboy01

Angry ALL FOR IT!

I HATE those f****. They're total con-artist, lying, cheating, know nothing incomptent ***** H0LES. 2.5 MONTHS to wait for a freaking H PIPE FOR A DAMN FOX BODY MUSTANG?????!!!!?!!!!!! My brother waited that long. He gave up the hobby out of frustration from this situation. He was only 16, just got his first car, and I had him all excited about modifying and racing blah blah. He got mad, sold the stinking car(without asking me first heh) and now all he does is work and have no fun. A petition? Hell yeah I'll sign it, and i know 20 guys who also will. I sent a letter to MM&FF(of course I'll get no response) telling them this is BS and they know it, but they don't care cause excessive fattens their wallets. I told them I will refuse to support their association with bad businesses such as excessive. This situation happened with my brother about 3 years ago. Was I mad? Yep. Did I calm down? Yep. Did I know these guys have screwed over seemingly 75% of the people they deal with? NO. The web is a wonderful thing, and in the last couple weeks I've learned that my brother wasn't the only one who may have been turned away from this hobby by worthless wastes of space such as Excessive's owners and employees.

Someone get ahold of the boss, we need a petition stickied up on the message board. I'm not even joking.

I'm gonna search EVERY site I can possibly find, and print out every little bitty piece of info I can, and mail it all in a big fat(it will HAVE to be fat) envelope via Fed-Ex to Jim Campisano's desk. Sure he'll look the other way, but it's on his concience.

89cobra - you can't let it die? Well I won't, either...
Old 06-25-2002, 03:53 AM   #26
Mach 1
Registered Member

I was fortunate enough to be able to tell these guys were crooks from the very beginning. Anybody who charges your credit card before they even have the parts in stock is not right. My first stang order was from them, and thousands of dollars later, they havnt had any other orders from me.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:08 AM   #27
RPM427
Registered Member

It took those guys 2 months to ship my holley intake after they charged my card. Everytime I called they said It was shipped out already, but refused to give me a tracking number. After 7 weeks of calling they finally gave me a traking number. I recieved it 3 days after it was shipped, 7 1/2 weeks after they claimed it was shipped. At least they could have told me it was backordered and not charged my card.

-1994 Ranger w/ 427cid windsor (daily beater)
check it out!
RPM427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:55 AM   #28
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I can't recall a post coming back to life after 9 months.

Yeah, these guys suck. I've given up on putting them out of business. It would seem that the 3 pages of color adds in all of the Mustang Mags are enough to keep the $ coming in. They could care less about what their customers think and they could care even less about repeat business from customers. Too bad, because they have great prices.

I've gotten a little bit of satisfaction from them (nothing legal). There's more to come.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #29
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i ordered a tremec 3550 from them with a bellhousing, and a centerforce clutch, throwout bearing, solid motor mounts, the tremec came fine, then 2 weeks later the bellhousing, then 4 days after that the clutch came with the throwout bearing and motor mounts. THE CLUTCH AND THROWOUT BEARING ENDED UP BEING WRONG, AND THE BELLHOUSING WAS FOR A T-5, NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAD TO SEND ALL THE STUFF BACK, AND HAD TO PAY FOR THE SHIPPING WITHOUT REIMBURSMENT. THEN THEY TRIED SCREWING ME WITH A RESTOCKING FEE, THEY TRIED TO SAY THAT IT WAS MY MISTAKE THAT THEY SENT THE WRONG STUFF. I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER ANOTHER THING FROM THEM AND I HOPE NO ONE ELSE DOES EITHER. I AGREE WITH EVERYONE THAT "EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS IS A JOKE"

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 09:09 PM   #30
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up Well Damn lol

Well I see now who you can't trust,let me check this block right here Excessive Motorsports.

I can tell you there are a few more out there,not just these clowns,that are laying the wood to good people.

Watch out for those flashy ads spouting off about this and that,they are the main ones.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Stroked408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 10:50 PM   #31
shadow1111
Registered Member

Smile Thanks

I was thinking of using Excessive Motorsports before I read this. Does anybody know of a good place in the KC area to buy fully assembled motors?
shadow1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 11:13 PM   #32
Unit 5302
Registered Member

As a note, there is a performance industry forum with about 100 threads just like this one about Excessive Motorsports.

Why are they still in business? Their ads are enticing. They look like a large, reputable company from the pages. They probably live off the re-stocking fees.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 03:14 PM   #33
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i checked on the bbb web site and excessive has had 45 complaints, in the past 5 yrs. thats a great, honest company lol

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 10:58 PM   #34
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Man am i glad i saw this post. Im not a very patient person. If i get pissed i get really pissed. I was going to order a cat back exhaust and AFPR from them because they have the best prices on them. 219 for and exhaust! Anyone know of a place i can get it this cheap or maybe price match? Im on a serious budget.
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 08:02 PM   #35
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

All these wonderful cheap advertised add's might seem real nice and all.... but you guys should know they just add money to the shipping, it's like I was going to order a PRO 5.0 from a "place", and I was getting ready to check out, and shipping was $30+, for regular ups ground......yeah right, go bend someone else over. Summit & Jegs are your best bet for cheap prices, fast shipping, and reliability.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 12:56 AM   #36
Agent_4573
Registered Member

I wouldn't go summit either. I had a lousy experience with em. bad customer service, wrong parts, it was just a mess. I would go with jegs or brothersperformance.com. Brothers is a little more expensive, but they had great customer service and the parts were here in 3 days.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 01:13 AM   #37
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I've bought probaly $10,000+ worth of parts from summit with out a problem.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 08:19 AM   #38
Mach 1
Registered Member

Ive had an occasional problem with Summit, and would also recommend Jegs.
RHC member #142
Old 06-29-2002, 09:47 AM   #39
andy669
Registered Member

After all of this, I think starting another thread dedicated to 'who you have bought parts from and had a good experience' might be in order. We have all heard the horror stories over and over again about excessive. Lets make a thread this long of 'the good guys to order from'!

What do you guys think?

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 09:51 AM   #40
Mach 1
Registered Member

thats been done already...and it was a very boring thread..do a search, maybe you can find it...we can spare ourselves another list...
RHC member #142