MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-23-2001, 04:32 PM   #21
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Flatliner, so you ended up getting the kit? do you think its worth the $375 or whatever you paid? 89LXcarb i wouldnt think you could do that even though im not sure, but fuel injection systems are made for fuel injection and carbs for carbs
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 06:15 PM   #22
Flatliner
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I don't know yet, I have'nt got the bottle filled. One of my buddies is going to get it filled Friday, so, I'll let you know.

------------------

90 GT,C-4 tranny,4.10 gears, Hooker equal length headers, off road H-pipe,2 chamber Flowmasters,
MAC cold air indution, MSD 6AL, 100hp shot, BBK 190lph fuel pump

Flatliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 07:59 PM   #23
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

'89..you wouldn't get any extra fuel because the the efi cars fool the computer into thinking it's cold...that's how this kit gets the extra fuel.

Smokey..try the MM&FF webpage
I think it's http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com

Shotgun...try looking for compucars web page

And by the way.. this kit comes concealed in a gym bag so no one sees it...no one's mentioned that yet
w/ out going through tthe gym bag, no one would ever see the spray if you hid it under the hood....say from the fenderwell??

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 08:02 PM   #24
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

1 other thing...the '95 GT 5-speed bone-stock test car...
It went from a 15.12 to a 13.22
Old 01-23-2001, 11:10 PM   #25
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Smile

I have a question does anybody know if it would work on a speed denisty car?Because if so i would love to run one 12second pass.But i'm fillin it for him friday and we're gonna look for some suckers all weekend.We're gonna try to sucker a stock lt1 ta into takin the bait that i've beaten with my car so it will be bad!HAHA!SUCKERS!!!

------------------
86GT-MACcatback-89heads,intake,TB,KENNYBROWNsubs,3.73's,HURST shifter,much more to come
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 11:42 PM   #26
1989GT
Registered Member

This kit sounds pretty nice. Infact I'm thinking about getting one. The only thing that bothers me is that it "tricks" the MAF into adding more fuel. To me that's sounds like it could be a bad thing. What if the trick doesn't work and you end up going really lean. I really don't what to put head gaskets on my car. Although it would give me a reason to pull the motor apart so I can port my heads. Any thought on this?

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
Throttle Junkie Powered by Ford!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 11:50 PM   #27
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

The meter senses the cold air and makes up the fuel.
The sensor in the meter would have to break for it to not richen it up.
Fellas...my buddy is selling his for $250
He lives near detroit...not cali
He also has a bottle guage on it, and those are $50 by tmenselves.
He got rid of his lightening...just called me...got a '93 cobra r....#98
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Old 01-24-2001, 12:22 AM   #28
1989GT
Registered Member

Sh!t man for $250 I'll take it!

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
Old 01-24-2001, 12:55 AM   #29
Shotgun28
Registered Member

I am this close to calling and ordering this kit. but......a couple more questions, is this a wet or dry system, I am guessing dry?
I do not have a fuel regulator from another post in here I got the impression that my sensor will automatically add fuel to make sure I do not run lean, is this correct or do I NEED a FPG? I am going to get a 190 fuel pump for this kit, but I would rather not get the 24# quite yet, because I am looking to get a new intake, and money is lower after my recent Mustang spree.Nos somewhat answered my question,just would like more ideas and thoughts about the fuel regulator and whether I need one right now for this kit, will I run too lean if I don't get this? Thanks

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit,ASP red alum. underdrive pulleys, Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and just purchased some GT40P heads, looking at exhaust, Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 12:59 AM   #30
Shotgun28
Registered Member

just one more thought and let me know if anyone agrees, sometimes this site is very dangerous (money wise) one minute I am content with what I have and then a post like this one shows up , and the I got to get that additude eludes from within. Honestly I have the worst self control for my Stang than anything else.....Is there a Mustang co-dependency class available, smiling.....

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit,ASP red alum. underdrive pulleys, Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and just purchased some GT40P heads, looking at exhaust, Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Old 01-24-2001, 01:24 AM   #31
1989GT
Registered Member

You're right shotgun it can be dangerous. Anyway I did some thinking and this is what I've come up with...(shotgun hopefully this will answer your question) The MAF sensor measures the amount of air coming in to determine how much fuel to add(along with the O2 sensors in closed loop) Anyway the MAF has 2 wires in it that the computer runs current thru to heat them up. (one measures air flow and the other air temp) Then as air passes by it cools them and the computer keeps them at a constant temp(200*C I think) to measure the air. So more air = more fuel. Or in this case cooler air = more fuel. So the nitrous should cool the wire and the EEC should add more fuel. And the car should be a hell of a lot faster.

------------------
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
PVT Blankenship leaving for BCT 14MAR01
MOS 67 Romeo

Old 01-24-2001, 01:34 AM   #32
Shotgun28
Registered Member

SO with this kit and running it mildly, I would be safe with 19# injectors and my stock fuel pressure regulator w/ the 190 pump? Just want to make sure, I am calling tomorrow to order if this is correct, thank you for the well thought out answer, I really appreciate it.

------------------
Old 01-24-2001, 01:50 PM   #33
1989GT
Registered Member

Yes you should be okay. But make sure you pull out timing and run colder plugs. I think it's 2* timing for every 50 shot, and 1 step colder plugs. Somebody double check me on that.

------------------
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
PVT Blankenship leaving for BCT 14MAR01
MOS 67 Romeo

Old 01-24-2001, 07:39 PM   #34
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Anyone know what plugs exactly I would need and what to gap them to, also so instead of stock 10 on the timing bring it back to 8 to run a 50 shot, is this correct>

------------------
Old 01-24-2001, 09:09 PM   #35
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
Would this kit work on a speed density engine?

------------------
No Smog Pump (Shorty Belt), Dumps At The End Of Stock H-Pipe (Sounds Mean), K&N Air Filter (Stock Air Box), 198.9 rwhp @4200 (235 Motor!!), 285 lbs-ft @2900 (336 Motor!!!).
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 09:59 PM   #36
Unit 5302
Registered Member

The main problems I would have is trusting the plastic line's reliability, the MAF accuracy, and the ablility of the computer to increase fuel flow by up to 50% based on intake temperatures.

The argument that the O2 sensors would play a part in this is inaccurate, since you'd most likely be floored and the entire line and intake air would have to be filled with the N20 from the passenger compartment, by the time the N20 was in full effect, your car would be well on it's way into open loop.

Since this system bases it's function on the computer making changes related to intake temperature, and the SD cars also measure intake temp, they would have the basic part of the system in place.

I don't know how fast it can compensate, or the limits to which it can measure temps. You'll never find a situation in real driving that a car goes from an air temp of 100* to -30* in a split second.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:55 PM   #37
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Unit5302:

You just confused the crap out of me,could you try in different terms and explan what you mean....still shaking my head, smiling....

------------------
Old 01-25-2001, 12:56 AM   #38
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

They say 2*/per 50 hp.....But 10* is conservative anyway.
I use stock plugs gapped at .040
I use 12* timing, a 190 fuel pump
And stock injectors.
I have the 5115 kit and spray 75-100
Hope i answered all.....

------------------
Old 01-25-2001, 02:19 AM   #39
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Sorry, I was addressing a couple different things.

The concerns I'd have with this N20 system is the plastic lines that run the gas from the passenger compartment to the engine compartment cracking or failing. If they failed you'd certainly have to replace them and in the meantime you'd have no extra go go juice. More importantly to me, you could wind up hitting the button and purging N20 into the drivers zone, and since we all know what laughing gas does to us at the dentist, I'd hate to see what it does to somebody driving down the road. Since it should only enter the air in the passenger compartment while you are pressing the button, the danger would be much lower of being slowly overcome. Another concern of mine would be just how accurate the MAF sensor can read the changes in the air temp when the N20 is spraying, and finally even if the MAF sensor is accurate, I'd be worried about the computer being able to cycle the injectors to spray enough extra fuel (at 100hp kit, that would require about 50% more) than would normally be required solely based on the air being colder.

The next part was dealing with the idea the O2 sensors would be involved in monitoring the rich/lean condition of the motor. If you "floor" your stang after a certain amount of time depending on which computer you have, usually a couple seconds, the computer goes into what is called "open loop." When the car does this it throws the emissions equipment and sensors out the window and reverts to a performance program. The performance program is designed to give you even more hp and tq than what the "closed loop" operation will give, but it's still tuned a little rich just to make sure you don't fry your motor. This N20 system has no pressure built up in the lines from the bottle to the intake duct, so it takes a second for the N20 to even reach the MAF, then it takes another to get into the combustion chamber and burn. By the time everything is working right, the O2 sensors will be ready to kick out during "open loop" running, which means they aren't doing anything to monitor the exhaust anymore.

In the final parts I was addressing the capabilities of the speed density system to use this N20 setup. Carbs can't because they don't really have a sensor to detect and add more fuel based on air temp. The speed density system does read air temp, and because that is considered by the computer, it would have the fundamental ability to use the N20 system. My main concern with the SD system is it's sensor accuracy, and it's response time. Just how fast does it read the change in temps? If the SD sensors are slow, they wouldn't be able to process the air temp dropping from 100* to say -30* in a split second when the N20 is sprayed, and the motor will run super lean and burn down because of that. I just can't imagine Ford would be building programming so extreme that it would react that quick to a change in intake temp on a SD car.

Also, since SD doesn't have a MAF sensor way down the intake duct, the N20 would have to be sprayed much closer to the T/B on a SD car, otherwise the sensors won't be able to read the temp drop quite as well. That's assuming the sensors are capable of responding that quick, and the computer gives the air temp charge a crap of importance in it's running cycles.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:43 AM   #40
Godslayer
Registered Member

I agree with Unit. Why not spend money on a kit that has a proven track record? That kit seems a little sketchy to me... but that's is just my opinion. Remember, you get what you pay for, and I wouldn't put that setup on my motor.

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote