MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-19-2002, 03:00 PM   #1
gtsr515
Registered Member

Default Tuning Devices?

Stangers!, last time i really checked the PMS was the premium tuning device available, other than the real high dollar Pro-5.0 stuff, what, in your opinion, is the top-notch aftermarket tuner box? QUICK REPLIES PLEASE!!!!!
Old 02-19-2002, 08:29 PM   #2
gtsr515
Registered Member

Somebody!
Old 02-19-2002, 09:56 PM   #3
LOWKEY
Registered Member

http://www.eec-tuner.com

Can't say enough about it. You can program your own timing curves, fuel maps, maf graph, cranking pulse width, idle speed, etc.. I've had one a little over a year and I'm still learning, so don't expect to just dive in. I just finished wiring my mark VIII fan so the eec-tuner controls when it cuts on and off, pretty neat.\

Here's a link to the EEC-Tuner user manual...so to speak..
http://www.eec-tuner.com/biz_html/EE...ng%20notes.rtf

Stroked
Poked &
BLOWN

low 11's and it goes around corners too

Parts for Sale!!
http://www.lowkey.stangnet.com/catalog.html
LOWKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 10:25 PM   #4
gtsr515
Registered Member

whats the cost of this unit?
Old 02-20-2002, 12:05 AM   #5
chris91LX
Registered Member

If you go back and check the website lowkey gave you you could find out in like 5 seconds. I've been looking into a system like this myself, but can't justify the expediture, I need other parts first, maybe in the fall or next spring.
125 shot - 12.04 @ 113 1.59 60'
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:43 PM   #6
gtsr515
Registered Member

Since you've been looking into it, you could have told me in 5 seconds too, What? is it a secret?, thanks for nothing, why even reply?
Old 02-21-2002, 10:41 PM   #7
chris91LX
Registered Member

I'm sorry, maybe I can come over and hit the keys for ya next time.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:55 PM   #8
gtsr515
Registered Member

Tell ya what, meet me a Byron this summer, I used to smash all you punks from Hanover Park, Barrington, Schaumburg, the Cub Foods crowd, etc.

Later
Old 02-22-2002, 12:17 AM   #9
chris91LX
Registered Member

Bring it, I'll be there. You did say "used to", I'm assuming we met before.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:48 AM   #10
gtsr515
Registered Member

Or, let's keep it local, how about U.S. Can? Or I-90? Save us the entrance fee.

What I meant by 'used too' is I've beaten nearly every runnin' car in that area, so I moved on to a bigger and faster street racing scene....Tampa! Big Money!
Old 02-22-2002, 12:09 PM   #11
Blue Beast
Registered Member

Easy fella's we're on the same team remember. Pick a fight with those Bow Tie guys.
Midnight Blue 89 GT... 306... ported and polished aluminum GT40's, MAC Long tubes, MAC power pipe, Flowmaster 2 1/2 cat back, GT40 intake with ported upper and lower, B-Cam, 24lb injectors, 77mm Mass Air, 65mm TB. World Class T5, 3.73's, Centerforce Dual Friction, FRP aluminum radiator, Victor Jr water pump, Pro 5.0 shifter, Crane adjustable FPR, 255lph fuel pump
Blue Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 12:59 PM   #12
gtsr515
Registered Member

True, I give, but look at his reply to my post, I asked a simple question, and he knows the answer, but won't tell me, tells me to go to the link listed above, well, i don't want to, This is a tech help forum, either help, or go to the chat room!
Old 02-22-2002, 01:14 PM   #13
Blue Beast
Registered Member

Talking

It's hard for people to say they don't know. It's one thing to have had an experience with an issue, it's another thing entirely to reply with information that really wouldn't be missed if it were never in the thread. Reply with info people...not just idle chatter.
Midnight Blue 89 GT... 306... ported and polished aluminum GT40's, MAC Long tubes, MAC power pipe, Flowmaster 2 1/2 cat back, GT40 intake with ported upper and lower, B-Cam, 24lb injectors, 77mm Mass Air, 65mm TB. World Class T5, 3.73's, Centerforce Dual Friction, FRP aluminum radiator, Victor Jr water pump, Pro 5.0 shifter, Crane adjustable FPR, 255lph fuel pump
Blue Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 07:02 PM   #14
chris91LX
Registered Member

I might have been sort of a dick in my reply but you were the one asking for help, lowkey gave you all the info you needed and you were too lazy to go look it up. Yeah this is a tech/help forum, you can get all kinds of information here, appreciate it when someone points you in the right direction instead of crying they didn't come over and open the page for you. I was a dick and probably didn't need to put my post on here, tell you the truth it just pissed me off a guy gives you the info and you don't bother to look at it. You want to complain some more fine, I admitted I was a dick now you can grow up and move on.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:33 PM   #15
gtsr515
Registered Member

All I asked for was how much the unit cost, period.

I asked a simple answer to a simple question, and If it pisses you off that I don't want to go to another web-site, that's too bad, that's my choice not yours, ask Mommy to enroll you in an anger management classes. I DID appreciate what "low-key" gave me, I wrote it down for future use, it was your assumption I didn't, and I didn't cry when someone wouldn't push the key's for me, YOU DID! "Blue Beast" said it best, you just don't know what your talking about, like I said, just go to the chat room!

By the way...I am grown up, I've been racing 5.0 mustangs since 1986, when the only thing you could buy was a K&N and a set of pullies, this was my first post in a month and look at the crap that replies, I'm grown-up enough to know that one can't argue with stupidity, and that's exactly what you are... STUPID! I'll just go back to The Corral, my posts may get burried in 10 minutes, but at least they get answered.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:05 PM   #16
slider
Registered Member

gtsr515

You have to learn how to add numbers before trying to jump onto a calculator. Why are you so interested in learning about cars, how to tune them if there's no such thing as motivation? The price of the Unit is right there, you could have found it if it wasn't for that lazzyness. read man if you are so interested to know.

I just dont see how you are going to learn about tuning if you're not into it and appreciate the input people give.

shake your brain and get that rice attitute out bro.

David
slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 03:48 PM   #17
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gtsr515
All I asked for was how much the unit cost, period.

I asked a simple answer to a simple question, and If it pisses you off that I don't want to go to another web-site, that's too bad, that's my choice not yours, ask Mommy to enroll you in an anger management classes. I DID appreciate what "low-key" gave me, I wrote it down for future use, it was your assumption I didn't, and I didn't cry when someone wouldn't push the key's for me, YOU DID! "Blue Beast" said it best, you just don't know what your talking about, like I said, just go to the chat room!

By the way...I am grown up, I've been racing 5.0 mustangs since 1986, when the only thing you could buy was a K&N and a set of pullies, this was my first post in a month and look at the crap that replies, I'm grown-up enough to know that one can't argue with stupidity, and that's exactly what you are... STUPID! I'll just go back to The Corral, my posts may get burried in 10 minutes, but at least they get answered.
You're not grown up. You're acting like little kid, and from what I've seen of your posts, you've learned very little about 5.0 Mustangs in the last 15 years of racing them. All the information you were looking for on the EEC tuner has been posted at least 1/2 dozen times in the last couple of months. Try a search sometime, then you don't have to make an *** out of yourself by posting at all.

Feel free to go back to the Corral, where your posts get answered, but buried. Interestingly enough, your post got answered here too, with good advice, and even a quick link to a page with a ton of information on the specific product. Some of the members here just get sick of answering the same question week after week, which is why a search engine was installed on this site. I have personally answered your original question at least 2-3 times in the last month already.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 05:59 PM   #18
LOWKEY
Registered Member

guys get a tapemeasure...lol..

The tuner will run you around $400, it just plugs into the factory ecu. The tweecer is another piggyback control http://www.tweecer.com. I'm not familar with this unit but it appears to be the same thing as the eec-tuner, but with better software.

Stroked
Poked &
BLOWN

low 11's and it goes around corners too

Parts for Sale!!
http://www.lowkey.stangnet.com/catalog.html
LOWKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 06:40 PM   #19
gtsr515
Registered Member

LOWKEY! Thank-you! Finally an answer to my question, I'm Impressed!

Hey Unit 5302, If the answer to my question has been posted at least a 1/2 dozen times in the past 2 months, did you ever think that I didn't see them, or, was even interested in the PMS in the past two months? DUH?, and where was the answer to my question answered so well? you tell me where a price was mentioned until now, AND YOU DUMBA$$, IF YOU PEOPLE ARE SO SICK OF ANSWERING THE SAME QUESTIONS EVERY WEEK, DON'T ANSWER THEM!. And I've read your posts here as well and they are lame!

I wasn't talking to you anyway!
Old 02-24-2002, 07:13 PM   #20
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gtsr515
LOWKEY! Thank-you! Finally an answer to my question, I'm Impressed!

Hey Unit 5302, If the answer to my question has been posted at least a 1/2 dozen times in the past 2 months, did you ever think that I didn't see them, or, was even interested in the PMS in the past two months? DUH?, and where was the answer to my question answered so well? you tell me where a price was mentioned until now, AND YOU DUMBA$$, IF YOU PEOPLE ARE SO SICK OF ANSWERING THE SAME QUESTIONS EVERY WEEK, DON'T ANSWER THEM!. And I've read your posts here as well and they are lame!

I wasn't talking to you anyway!
I didn't answer your question, although I could have. I knew about how much an EEC tuner cost, the site address to get information, and basic info about it. I didn't answer cause you are an ***.

Yes, all my 4000 posts, including the 3500 before you became a member are all lame. I'm glad you weren't talking to me, probably better if you don't talk to anybody as it's readily apparent your people skills aren't up to snuff. It takes less time to do a quick search than it does to post a "help me" and then spaz out when you don't get the info you want. LOL.

Oh well, dude.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote