MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-19-2003, 12:21 AM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Exhaust just fell off....

Okay, what a super great day today was. My left exhaust just fell off, snapping..or rusting off at the flange that connects the
h-pipe to the pipe in front of the muffler. The flange or connector is still on, but i ended up having to tear the muffler and that pipe off. Is there anyway or chance of being able to possibly weld another piece onto that, to connect the pipe to the flange? Or would i just be better off buying a whole new exhaust system? If so, I was looking at a flowmaster american thunder exhaust system... But does the 2.5" exhaust bolt right up to the stock
h-pipe? Thanks for the help

Rosco
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 01:07 AM   #2
Chris_H
Registered Member

That sucks dude, sorry to hear that. The Flowmaster American thunder 2.5" will bolt right up to your stock H-Pipe. Just did that for a buddy of mine last week. took about 1.5 hours to get it all done. Bolted right up like it was stock. I would just go ahead and buy a whole new catback system. If this one fell off, I am sure the other side is on its way too. Hope this helps.

Chris
Old 05-19-2003, 01:12 AM   #3
Rosco
Registered Member

I figure my last chance is to go down to a muffler shop tomorrow and see if they can weld something up...Not really a good thing for me to spend $227 for a whole new exhaust....altho i do somewhat need it.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 12:29 PM   #4
richd
Registered Member

I've had my Stang for about 2 years now. One time while underneath I noticed the entire passenger floorboard had a HUGE gaping hole in it with a new piece of sheetmetal bolted in.

Turns out the RH exhaust fell off and ripped through the floorboard. I don't know any details beyond that, but it sounds strange unless he was driving real fast in reverse or something....

I say treat yourself to a new exhaust

Good luck,

Rich D.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote