MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-19-2001, 07:56 PM   #1
Thad
Registered Member

Talking Clean Interior!

I just had to boast about how clean my interior is now compared to what it looked like when i bought it. I took one entire weekend day and completely scrubbed my inerior from top to bottom. It looks 200 times better, close to new. Amazing what a little interior magic ( my own cleaning mix )
and elbow grease can give you.
Thanks for letting me boast aloud......

------------------
90 LX 5.0 Not timed in 1/4 mile yet. 135mph max speed, so far.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 07:58 PM   #2
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

What's this so-called interior magic? I've got a pretty bad coke stain in my rear floor board that won't come out. You think your stuff will work? Thanks.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P&Ped heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
15.43 @ 91.08mph (not shabby for a 3600 pound car)
60' 2.453 Street tires suck!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 08:28 PM   #3
pro88
Registered Member

Coke stain huh? Go to Wal-Mart(if you have one there) or go to Schuck's Auto Supply(may be called Checker's there)anyways look for Blue Coral Dri Clean, it's an aerosol foam. Spray the area with it, take a soft brush and agitate the area, then get your wet/dry out and suck it up. I have my own interior magic potion. You might try it. Get Dawn dishwashing soap, and a bottle of Simple Green. Dump equal amounts in a bucket and get your hose and start putting water in it and get some serious foam going. Get a wash mit and put it in the bucket. Ring out your wash mit so all you're using is basically foam and you can use this anywhere in your interior. What nice about it is you can leave your interior dressing on the shelf(your Armour All and such). By using the foam, your seats and carpet will dry in no time. You don't want to use a silicon based product on your vinyl anyhow. Silicon in the sun wants to contract, vinyl wants to expands and guess what - - a cracked dash, seats, door panels, etc... When your foam mixture loses it's foam, just spray more water in. Your first mixture, you should only have 1/4 bucket of water, the rest should be foam. Have Fun!!
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 09:18 PM   #4
Thad
Registered Member

The inerior magic is just a mix of stuff that i through together. It was the squeeze bottle pink colored dry clean, armour all all purpose a little water and peppermint extract, to kill order. I had cholocolate stains on the carpeting that came up with this stuff. It helps though if you have a wet/dry vacc. when i cleaned my carpet, i dampened the area with the stuff and let it sit for about 15-20min. Scrubbed it with a little soft bristle brush. Then i vacuumed spraying just plain water as i go to get all the or as much cleaner out as i could. When i didn't see any bubbles or foam i knew to move on. Maybe try to do the same with coke stain. Pro88 is right about the vinyl. if you use it on the plastic and the vinyl be sure to use a protectant after words. preferably not armour-all i think it's a water based product which can lead to cracking. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

------------------
Old 01-20-2001, 01:06 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Good job, Thad.. I saw it myself.. maybe I'll come over and take some pics with the digital cam and post what a good job it did.. Feel free to use some of the Interior Magic on my car... it's nasty!! lol
Joe
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 09:40 AM   #6
Thad
Registered Member

Bring it on over! Dude Bra! I'll clean the livingstons out of it!LOL!!!Feel free to bring the camera though. I need some new pics of my beast to post. Give a ring

------------------
Old 01-20-2001, 10:22 PM   #7
pro88
Registered Member

Hey I forgot about 1 thing. I found a killer way of getting rid of odors if you have any. Go to the hardware store of wherever they sell active bacteria for septic systems. You mix this product 50/50 with water and spray mist the area that is causing odors. What happens is the active enzymes in the bacteria eat away at the odor until it's completely gone. This is one excellent way to get rid of mold/mildew in carpet or whatever. It also has a very pleasant smell as well. If you have a car that was smoked in, spray into the air vents while the heater and A/C is on and the odor will disappear for good. Try it, I use it in my detail shop all the time.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 11:31 PM   #8
Thad
Registered Member

Tha active bacteria sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try that oin my girlfriends car. She hate s that it's been smoked in .
Old 01-24-2001, 12:57 AM   #9
1989GT
Registered Member

Yeah it's always nice to have a clean car I just cleaned mine the other day. But I'll be cleaning it again this weekend. Damn heater core leaked coolant all over the floor. Anybody got anything that will take out antifreeze?

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
Throttle Junkie Powered by Ford!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
PVT Blankenship leaving for BCT 14MAR01
MOS 67 Romeo

1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote