MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-23-2003, 07:33 PM   #1
Rodoggx
Registered Member

Angry Stupid Turtle!!!!

My car needs a new paint job eventually. However, in the meantime, i just want it to look presentable. Over the weekend i decided to wax my car with turtle wax to get rid of nasty water spots that wont go away and restore the color..... well it didnt work. I only did the hood as a test and I'm glad. The next day the hood started to get hazy white! ( I made sure to wipe off all wax - so its not like i left the wax on). now, not only do i have some fade and water spots.... but i also have a hazy hood. This is pissin me off! Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct the situation or know of any "miracle" products to make my car look ok. I can put up some pics - but that will be later in the week. Stupid Turtle wax!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #2
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

use Mothers Cleaner Wax (Paste), it will clean it and apply wax. Or you can buy rubbing compound, use that, then use Mothers Pure Carbuna Wax (liquid). Good products
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:18 PM   #3
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

and here are some tips:

work on a cool car in the shade
do a small section at a time
use a small amount of wax
use several rags and always use a clean side
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:03 PM   #4
Rodoggx
Registered Member

thanks. I'll definitely use your advice and those products. the paint has been quite a sore spot for me. thanx... hopefully later in the week ill have before and after pics.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:14 PM   #5
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

also get the clay magic kit, and use that after you wash the car, but before you wax it.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:28 PM   #6
Rodoggx
Registered Member

whats the clay magic kit for?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:39 PM   #7
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

it gets the dirt that washing the car leaves, and doesnt scratch the paint, unless you screw up.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:23 PM   #8
Mountain Main
Registered Member

Default Dri Wash N Gaurd

The best stuff out there. It is not wax. I will remove that old wax real easy. It will never build up like wax. Washing becomes easy. Great for waxing in door jams. Protects and yet still lets your paint breath. Is way faster than waxing. www.driwashnguard.com
Mountain Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 08:48 AM   #9
crazypete
Registered Member

Forget wax! Wax makes all the black vinyl look terrible even if you get a tiny amount in the wrong place.

Get some of that black magic tire silicone in the pump bottle. Spray conservatively. This gets rid of the wax spots instantly. Oh my Lord! You car wont just shine, it will gleam! I have never seen an old paintjob transform the way it does under silicone. The solvents in the silicone are so weak that I have never seen it hurt any paintjob, even crappy "flat" spraypainted panels (even made the flat paint gleam). Make sure to overspray and get it on the glass and in all the little nooks and crannies (I'm serious) . It makes a fantastic rustproofing for the hard to reach spots and makes glass so slippery, water just beads and rolls off (takes a fair amount of rubbing, though, to get rid of the cloudy effect on the glass but it is worth it). The fresh looking jet black vinyl on the car will scream out at you as if the car had just rolled off the assembly line. Honestly, best stuff in my whole arsenal.

When you're done, you can take the silicone soaked paper towels and move to the inside and make the dashboard scream at you too (armor all is just silicone). The car will have that "dealership" silicone smell.
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:43 PM   #10
Mach 1
Registered Member

you douse your entire car in tire silione? Interesting........
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote