MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #1
byrnech
Registered Member

Default door locks and wipers?

Here's the deal, I have been in Hawaii for a little over a year and have recently come back to Houston. My poor car has been sitting the whole time. Well I charged the battery and it fired right up and everything seemed to be fine except that my door locks and windshield wipers dont work. I have done a search on this site and there are lots of questions and lots of guesses but no one has written to say what ultimatly fixed thier problem. Anyway, does anyone have experience with this problem? I find it hard to believe that the problem would be the actuators, or the switches since everything happend at the same time. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. My friend did take out my stereo so no one would break into my car while I was gone, but I checked all the fuses so I don't think that would have anything to do with it. Is there something that links the wipers and door locks together, or is this just coincidence? Please help, I only have three more days till I go back to Hawaii and I want to be able to lock my doors for when I ship the car there. Also it rains quite often there so wipers would be nice too. Thanks for any input, -Chris
Old 06-14-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
byrnech
Registered Member

Default Re: door locks and wipers?

Well I am back in Hawaii now, and I find it hard to believe that there was no one that could provide me any help. Thanks guys! I guess I will need to post more hypothetical questions in the future like how to lift the wheels, or how much horsepower is required to do a 400 ft burnout in order to get a response.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
jimdrechsler
Registered Member

Default Re: door locks and wipers?

people may be pissed that yo live in hawaii and everyone else here lives in the states! wish i knew how to help ya, but i dont know how the 2 correlate unless it is a fuse (which you checked)! good luck-

PRESENT CAR- 90 LX BBK long tubes, h-pipe with cats, flowmasters. 3.55's holley systemax II kit- 70 mm TB 30#injectors, jacobs ignition, black magic fan, 180 thermostat, 75 shot of NOS- NITTO DR'S

STREET TIRE BEST RUNS
1/4 mile13.2 @112 w/ NOS 2.17 60'
13.5 @103 2.1 60'

*new time with Dr's 12.8 at 111 w/ 75 shot
jimdrechsler is offline   Reply With Quote