MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
MATTKNIGHT
Registered Member

Default Check Engine Light, Runnign Lean

Hey guys, Ive written a post similar to this one before. I didnt get a solid answer, partly due to my lack of information. I have a 1995 GT, long tubes, off road H, and CAI. I did a KOEO test and came up with three 3 digit faults:
181-Lean cond indicated @ part throttle / Front or Right o2 sesnor
189-Lean cond indicated @ part throttle / Rear or left o2 senso
332-EGR sensor not reading
111-System check good

I replaced the EGr sensor (not the valve), and tested the valve. The valve checked good, diaphragm functions as intended. I drove the car and reaccomplished the KOEO test, my 332 code is gone and hasnt resurfaced since. I still have a lean condition that I cannot figure out. I replaced my O2 sensors and checked my fuel pressure too. F/P is good with vaccuun connected and discon. I cant find anyone to help me solve my problem. Somewhere in the motor there is a sensor telling the computer my car is rich, thus leaning it out. I just cant find it. Is there too much EGR gas running throgh the motor?? That would make the computer sense a rich condition. The computer would then lean the mixture - right?? I dont know. Any help would be great. Thanks. Oh, just so its not suggested, the fuel filter has been changed three times in the past 3 months. That should rule out the filter.