MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-30-2003, 01:42 AM   #1
jeffnichols
Registered Member

Default hp and AOD tranys

hey guys and gals I have a question. I am in the process of building my 91 mustang GT and I was wondering how many ponies the stock AOD tranny will hold? And I was wondering how to identify a police interceptor tranny? I was told that my stang has one but I would like to truely find out. By the way I am wanting to build the motor to a 331 stroker with twisted wedge TF heads that are 3 stage ported, and a supercharger pushing about 8 pounds of boost through a TF track heat manifold that is 75mm from maf to lower intake manifold. dynoed about 600 to the flex plate. Hum what will I need to do to that tranny?
jeffnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 01:54 AM   #2
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default the aod

Aod's have been built to handle lots more power than what you are going to push, but you are definately going to need more than a stock Aod. Much of the Aod failures come from the 3-4 shift.
You really need to call a place like Lentech....their website was posted in another AOD topic here recently. They will be able to tell you what you need to do to handle the horsepower......Look at their trannies and see what they claim to do.

Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote