MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-06-2003, 06:55 AM   #1
twilightcall
Registered Member

Default Location of relays or 2nd fuseblock?

I have an 83'. I found the fuseblock under the steering wheel just to the left. Is there another fuseblock or relay panel or is this the only one. I bought a Haynes manual but it doesn't have as much info as I thought it would.
twilightcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:25 PM   #2
crazypete
Registered Member

I have a 91, which I know is a completely different beast, but here is how they wire mine up:

1. Most of the fusing happens under the dash where you are looking. If you poke your head further up under the steering column, you will find various other relays scattered on or abouts that area, mostly bolted to the column reinforcement. These are for the horn and so forth.

2. There is a pack of fusible links near where the starter solenoid is behind the battery. This is the "other" cluster you seek. They're inline with the + wires coming off the "on" side of the solenoid

I think thats pretty much it. There are relays under the seat, but you have a mechanical fuel pump, so you wont find them and the eec has a ton of relays in the passenger side kick panel, but you likewise dont have an eec. The radio/amp has a pair of relays I believe, inline with it's wiring, attached to the outer side of the pedal bracket to the left and above where the radio sits. The A/C relays are on the passenger side of the engine bay near where a fuelie would have it's air cleaner

Hope this helps somewhat!
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote