MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-04-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
z3beemer
Registered Member

Default Project Near Done-Light Problems HELP

After 2-1/2 years the 87GT is nearly finished. I have a turn signal problem and I hope one of you wise mechanics can help. Does this car have / need two flashers; one for the 4 ways and one for the turn signals? I have 4 ways and that flasher is located on the back of the fuse box but I have no turn signals front or rear. The bulbs don't even light. That why I think there must be another flasher but none of manuals say so and the auto parts stores don't know. Anyone know? If so where the hell is it?

Thanks in advance for the help
Paul
z3beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:47 PM   #2
FritzDaKat
Registered Member

Yes there is a turn flasher (on my 92' at least) and I found it while my Dash was off, but it appears as if you can access it from the lft side of the glove box once you drop the glovebox by pulling the sides of the glovebox inward to allow the "stop pins" to get thru.

According to my Chiltons manual this was supposed to be mounted above the fuse box, but not in my case at least.
FritzDaKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:38 AM   #3
z3beemer
Registered Member

Angry

Ok Found the turn signal flasher, repaced it, same problem. Hazards work, turn signals don't. Tried repacing turn sig. sw with another used one I had. Same prob. I suppose the used one could be bad too but can't believe both are bad. With key on have power on both sides of flasher. If i jumper from the flasher to the plug that goes into the turn sig. sw, one light at a time the lights will work and flash but still can't find the problem. Any ideas? Spent the last 8 hrs on it tired and frustrated

Paul
z3beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:59 AM   #4
FritzDaKat
Registered Member

Have you checked for continuity on the multi function switch?
If you dont have a meter or tester, get one of those boxy flashlight's that use the big 12V batteries.

You'll need two jumper wires, one will go from the center terminal on the 12 V battery to the normaly hot terminal of the switch you want to test, the other will come from the bulb and lead to the switch terminal for the turn signals, then just work the switch, if it's good, the flashlight should light up.

Or you could just go get yourself a basic DMM from radio Crack for $20. I recall them having a mini pocket-sized job that would work for basic tests like this.
FritzDaKat is offline   Reply With Quote