MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-13-2001, 06:39 AM   #1
01Snake
Registered Member

Talking Now what?

I know these questions have been asked a million times, but I couldn't find what I'm looking for in a search of old topics. Any advise would be appreciated.

Now that I have my Cobra, I'm looking for the best mods (just like everyone else).This is my 2nd week of ownership and so far I've only added a K&N. I will have a Supercharger within the next year, probably Vortech S-trim (While I'm thinking of it, will my stock pistons hold up to the 8psi supercharger?). I want to start with some less costly mods like exhaust, underdrive pulleys... Would a set of flowmasters on my stock exhaust do me any good or do I need to go all out? If so, Shortys or long tubes?(I will be running cats) I'm not looking for loud but a mean rumble would be nice. HP and torgue gains are my priority. What kind of increases can I expect from different exhaust components?
What are the best bang for the buck mods I can do?
01Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 01:34 PM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

If you want to do your exhaust, I would recommend some long tube headers(ceramic coated, of course.) Dr. Gas X-pipe, and the mufflers of your choice. That should give you a good increase in power, great sound, and get you ready for your next mod's. Then get some gears, I would recommend some, but it all depends on your future mod's. And 8psi, properly tuned, should be no problem.

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.4's bone stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 02:07 AM   #3
mustangbob19
Registered Member

You're stock bottom end should hold up fine. I'd go with a set of 3.73's.

------------------
1990 Mustang GT 5.0
1966 Mustang 200 six
2001 Ford F-150 5.4
mustangbob19 is offline   Reply With Quote