MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2002, 07:14 PM   #1
stock89
Registered Member

Angry Furious! Pissed!!

I figured that the "Mustang" family would be a little tighter. I asked and somewhat recieved guidance for white faced guages. I even took that individuals hint on sanding the white off the back of the needle and painting them orange. Thanks for that. HOWEVER, when I inquired with this individual why he had to use electrical tape, he merely replied "you'll find out". I embarked on the project today with a friend, and never saw where we'd need the tape, until we got it all done. So, it took us 4 hours to complete a 2 hour project. To the person who shall remain unidentified by me- THANKS A LOT.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:42 PM   #2
Five0
Registered Member

I don't think he was trying to make you miss it or make you mad he just meant you would see what he was talking about.
I remember the post and who you are referring to.

He even explained what he was talking about just not in detail.

Sorry you had such a hard time, I bet it looks good now.

I want to see pictures.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 09:08 PM   #3
PKRWUD

I'm sure he wasn't trying to do anything other than help you. I read that thread, and it sounds to me like it was hard to explain in words, yet I still feel I'd know what he was referring to when I found it. I don't think you're being fair, but it's really not my business.

Hope they look good!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 09:15 PM   #4
rbatson

I searched for that post today as well. I really don't think he steered you wrong at all. I think you are getting upset for no good reason, really. I hate when someone gets or gives bad info on here. I don't think that happened. You could have asked him if you had a question about it. Personally his statements would have tipped me off to look for a gap or some kinda opening. I don't know if it is an obvious gap or not but the way he stated it, it seems it was..
Old 01-14-2002, 10:06 AM   #5
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

The work i do on cars always tends to take twice as long as it should. I know you may get mad but the people here do the best they can. You can't really blame anybody else cause you don't know how to do something. I'm no expert, I still learn as i go. And thats the way it is. If you don't make any mistakes you won't really learn anything.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 12:15 PM   #6
stock89
Registered Member

The information that was not given was this simple:

"On the back of the stock gauge for the tach you will see a darker area near where the check oil light shines through. On the white faced guages, you will need to apply electrical tape to that same area. This will prevent the "check coolant" light from showing when you turn on your headlights. Do not attempt to remove any bulbs, just use electrical tape. Take my advice. If you don't you may have to perform the operation multiple times."

That isn't too hard to say! I don't totally hate the guy, I just think he could have easily relayed that info above.

I like the daytime look of the guages, but am not too impressed with them at night. I am going to pull all the bulbs and replace them with orange bulbs to match the needles. I'll let you all know how it looks.
stock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Hmmm. Makes me wonder about trying to help you out with any problems you post here stock89. Wouldn't want to give you any advice and maybe leave out a minute detail and have you yell at me. Perhaps you were a little hasty in your work?

If you weren't happy with the advice he gave you, why don't you just private message him and tell him?

You have a great day, and yes, the Mustang family is "tight."
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote