MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default rust repair in NYC

Does anyone know of a good rust repair shop in the NYC area? Maybe someplace on Long Island or Queens? Willing to drive for quality work. Thanks in advance.
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:44 PM   #2
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default Re: rust repair in NYC

anyone????
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
Old 02-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
ArtMan
Registered Member

First I'm not sure what you mean by rust repair. Normally you don't repair rust you remove it. Secondly there are dozens upon dozens of good body shops in the NYC area. The question isn't whether there's a quality shop, its how much quality can you afford.

What kind of work do you need done?
Rice Hater's Club Member #225
ArtMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

rust removal, thats what i want! i dont want to break the bank, but i wanna spend enough where i (hopefully) will not have to do it again in 3-4 years. i will post some pics of the problem areas
Old 02-13-2005, 04:12 AM   #5
ThreePedals
2 pedals=0 fun!

Living in California, I can't really steer you towards a shop, but I can give some advice. Body cancer must be cut completely away and replaced with new metal. For fenders and the like which are bolted on, finding replacements from the Southwest would probably be cheaper than repairing what you have. I don't know if anyone offers patch panels, but if you can find some and have a friend who can weld...trade a case of beer for the labor...redneck method! This would be a good option, as quality bodywork does not come cheaply. I'll do some more research into this as my schedule permits. It sounds like you've got a nice ride, and I'd hate to read a report of how it rusted away.
ThreePedals is offline   Reply With Quote