MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 08:51 PM   #1
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

Default JET POWERTECH CHIP good or bad?

I just ordered a new Jet Powertech Performance Chip from summit racing for my mustang to hopefully maybe solve my lean fuel issues. The one i ordered is the one that plugs in between my ecu and my harness.. Has anyone used these and what kind of experience has everyone had? I am hopeing that it will send my injectors some additional fuel to richen up my mixture and maybe even out my idle..
88fivepointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:53 AM   #2
Murdock
Registered Member

Never really had any personal experience with the JET chips. There must be something to them since Summit and JEG'S carry them. Please PM me with your findings on these chip as far as any drivability issues and power increases. Did JET require you to change to a lower temp thermostat? I know Hypertech does that sometimes.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:20 PM   #3
billheis
Registered Member

I don't have experience with Jet either, but I have Hypertech in my 90. The good; mid range part throttle pick up great. The bad; had to put timing back to 10 (full throttle dropped off), idle got very rich, and got part throttle cruise lean surge. However that was with stock mass air meter (yours being an 88 you don't have to worry about that unless you converted) just put Granatelli (Pro M) meter and idle leaned out and surge just about gone. I'm planning to go to strip and test with and without chip. Now that I have have this I've heard very good things about Superchips. They ask what mods you have before they send it.
90 Convertable 5.0 LX, ported E7s w/ THumper valve job, TFS street, FR 65mm TB, B cam w/1.7 cobra rockers, kirban AFPR, Mac CAI, Mac Headers, off road h, 3 chamber flows, Crane ign. box, 3:73s, Art Carr AOD & 2600 converter
billheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

well I am putting it in on sunday and yes I did convert to mass air but like you said i have the 75mm Pro-m and 24 lbs injectors and the whole nine.. so I think the chip should compliment my modifications especially the f-cam! i'll let everyone know on monday.. however I am experienceing a crappy idle.. it missfires badly.. seems like someone just shut the key off and then switches it on and off while its running.. its started doing this bad last nite.. i am getting really pissed.. I think its a wiring issue when I converted.. i will check them all when i Install the chip. keep ya posted guys!
Old 05-11-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

Well I installed my Chip today and to my suprise what a difference.. 1st gear is extremely hard to keep the wheels on the ground and that is with stock gears. it seems to have alot more pull. So far I am pleased with what i see.. once the roads dry up I will get back out there and test it out!