MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-06-2001, 01:27 PM   #1
gt93mustang
Registered Member

Default Need help cleaning up engine bay...

Hey guys. Since the installation of my Procharger about 7 months ago, I have grown more and more unhappy with the look of my engine bay. It looks way too busy and cluttered. My friend has a 90GT that he has removed his A/C, Smog equipment, and power steering on and I LOVE the way it looks in there. The problem is, I don't know if the brackets that I have now for the P1SC will work if I get any of the eliminator kits for these accessories. I took off all of my A/C stuff except the pulley because it seems it is needed for the SC brackets. Anyways, to make a long story short, is there a way to setup my P1SC using eliminator kits (or just eliminating the pulley altogether) on my 1993 302? Thanks for any info.
MAC equal length headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, 373's, underdrive pulleys, 76mm MAF, 65mm TB, TFS Track Heat Intake(ported & gasket matched), Edelbrock 6037 heads (ported, polished, 3 angle valve-job 255CFM @.500), 1.6 FMS RR's, Wolverine 1087 Cam, 30lb injectors, MSD 6AL, Subframe connectors, Griggs Adustable Lower Control Arms, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, SSM Upper Control Arms... and 8lbs of Procharged boost
gt93mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 01:56 PM   #2
fordgasm
Registered Member

A couple of years ago I was looking at installing a Procharger P1, I had already removed the AC and was looking for a mounting bracket since the P1 used the AC bracket for mounting. Pan Handle Performance in Florida had a mounting bracket for the Procharger for cars less the AC. But, they did not have any left and did not plan on making any more since the newer D style blowers were more popular. I thought about making my own bracket, I talked with the folks for some time at Procharger without much help, I eventually gave up, I thought they would of been more helpfull since there must be many guys out there with Mustangs with similiar setups as mine who wanted to run the Procharger.

I'm not really much help but you may want to contact Panhandle Performance and see if they have any brackets or if they could get you a drawing of the bracket you could then get one made or if you have access to the right tools make it yourself. That was going to be my next step before I threw in the towel.

I know what you mean about the cleaner look when you remove some of the smog stuff and AC....I really like the results when removing some of these items. I have attached a pic of my engine bay after a little clean up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new_motor.jpg (50.3 KB, 33 views)
Old 12-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #3
gt93mustang
Registered Member

That's exactly what I'm looking for fordgasm. I don't think dropping the smog stuff will be a problem with the Procharger, but it uses the A/C bracket to attach the blower bracket to. I'm going to do a search for panhandle's phone number, but just in case I can't find it, does anyone know it? Thanks again. Oh, and you would think that they would make the P1SC kit available for non-A/C guys. Should I give Procharger a call? I just hate sitting on the phone for 30 minutes since its not a toll free call.
MAC equal length headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, 373's, underdrive pulleys, 76mm MAF, 65mm TB, TFS Track Heat Intake(ported & gasket matched), Edelbrock 6037 heads (ported, polished, 3 angle valve-job 255CFM @.500), 1.6 FMS RR's, Wolverine 1087 Cam, 30lb injectors, MSD 6AL, Subframe connectors, Griggs Adustable Lower Control Arms, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, SSM Upper Control Arms... and 8lbs of Procharged boost
Old 12-06-2001, 05:19 PM   #4
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

gt93 - I have had numerous conversations with the folks at ATI regarding this very issue (non-A/C). On one occasion, the tech told me that ProCharger was in the process of making a new bracket due to the demand (guys like you, me and Fordgasm) however this was back in March, and I don't think there is anything available.

In June, I talked to the guys at ProCharger again regarding this issue. This time the tech told me that in fact ProCharger does make a kit that relocates the power steering pump to where the air pump is (you have to ditch this - which I have) and that way you basically run a setup that is very similar to what the Outlaw racers run. The blower is then installed with better, stronger brackets and looks much cleaner IMO.

I would give ProCharger a call or send them an e-mail via their website to get this underway.

Please post whatever you find out as I will be purchasing a P-1SC someday...

Hope this helps,
E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 05:33 PM   #5
gt93mustang
Registered Member

That does help Eric. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be giving them a call too.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:15 PM   #6
fordgasm
Registered Member

Yep, just like 302 LX Eric said, at the time I talked with them they recommended moving the power steering pump to the smog pump location, they already had mounting hardware for this arrangement except for the power steering unit. At that time they were working on making a new bracket for the power steering but did not have it available yet. They gave me some contacts that probably could help me, they were some of the outlaw racers who had made their own set ups. It's been some time since I talked with Procharger, I would bet they have more available now.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:14 PM   #7
venumus93
Registered Member

I'm going to do a search for panhandle's phone number, but just in case I can't find it, does anyone know it? Thanks again.

...their # is 850-265-9818. They're in a small town next to Panama City, FL & advertise in MM&FF all the time. Nice dudes too...later!
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
3.55's, flo's, pullies, C&L
1/4: 13.985
60': 2.088 (street tires)
MPH: 99.58
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote