MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-28-2002, 11:05 AM   #1
Tim89LXvert
Registered Member

Question What gaskets and/or sets do I need to cover everything???

I have my engine out of the car now, and it is totally stripped down.

To put it back together, I need all new gaskets, the only exception being the valve cover gaskets because I have some rubber coated steel core ones that I will reuse (again). I also want the 4 piece oil pan gasket to work with my Canton Oil pan.

Does anyone know what head, intake, exhaust and oil pan gaskets come in Fel-pro set KS-2337? The set is for 86-92 motors. Autozone lists them for $84. Seems like a great deal if it is complete. Anyone know if there are gaskets missing that I will need to get in addition to the kit?

What other options/recommendations do you have?
Engine: GT40 al. heads, Cobra intake, TFS cam, 1.7RR, etc.... LOLDrivetrain: SPEC II clutch & FMS Billet flywheel, Pro 5.0 shifter w/Cobra knob and aluminum driveshaft through 3.73:1 gears.Chassis: 4 wheel disk w/Cobra front brakes, GT rears and 2001 "Bullitt" wheels
Rear: MM adjustable LCAs with Griggs springs, KYB shocks. Front: Koni red struts, FMS "C" springs and full poly bushings. Full length MM sub frame connectors, steeda 2pt. K-brace.Misc.: 130a alt. upgrade, R134a conversion.
Photos of my car
Tim89LXvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:13 PM   #2
NewAge 5.0
Registered Member

I used the FMS kit from Holcomb Motorsports.. It had all I needed in it. Intake,head,valve cover, timing cover, but I think I used the one piece rubber oil pan gasket w/ the metal rings.. the autozone kit should be fine for a stock re-assemble I think if you had bigger heads/intake you would want to run bigger Port gaskets
Old 01-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
Tim89LXvert
Registered Member

I am not doing anything major, I do have larger heads and intake: GT40 heads and Cobra intake.

I wanted to use the 1250 intake and 1415 exhaust. Just wondering if someone knows if these are the gaskets in the kit?
Engine: GT40 al. heads, Cobra intake, TFS cam, 1.7RR, etc.... LOLDrivetrain: SPEC II clutch & FMS Billet flywheel, Pro 5.0 shifter w/Cobra knob and aluminum driveshaft through 3.73:1 gears.Chassis: 4 wheel disk w/Cobra front brakes, GT rears and 2001 "Bullitt" wheels
Rear: MM adjustable LCAs with Griggs springs, KYB shocks. Front: Koni red struts, FMS "C" springs and full poly bushings. Full length MM sub frame connectors, steeda 2pt. K-brace.Misc.: 130a alt. upgrade, R134a conversion.
Photos of my car
Tim89LXvert is offline   Reply With Quote