MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2002, 11:36 PM   #1
jpumpkinn
Registered Member

Default Any one have this BUG?

Sometimes when I start and drive my 90 5.0 the blinkers and blowermotor don't work. All I have to do is pull over shut off the car and restart. Any one had this problem and know how to fix it?

Also, my wifes 1999 Galant does this sometimes also? WIERD!

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2002, 11:48 PM   #2
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

hey wuzup j, man sounds as if it could be an electrical problem in the making, or something in the ignition, check your alternator wires, look for anything shorting out, and engine grounds,

you know we can have our cars repaired free, for an ignition recall that has been known to cause fires? well i dont want to scare you lol, my car has never had the recalled fix, really i never heard of a mustang doing this, although my radio used to lose power for no reason, but it was a fuse.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 11:53 PM   #3
jpumpkinn
Registered Member

I don't think its the alternator wires because other things would screw up also. I think its either a fuse, loose wire or something to do with the alarm wireing? Just thought I would ask?
Old 04-09-2002, 12:18 AM   #4
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yes, could be the alarm, mine has given me many problems, when my radio would quit, my door actuator remote wouldnt work??

Hey how was that show at extreme? like i said in the PM, thats why i didnt show, it was a sat i believe....btw extreme moved to the old texas jam/hotrod store building, and have their old dyno.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer

mph- 99.92 mph
Old 04-09-2002, 12:20 AM   #5
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default Fuse...

I would check the fuse box first. Sounds like a loose fuse. I don't have my repair manual handy, but they might share a common fuse.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:43 AM   #6
RoadWarrior
Registered Member

Check the fuse box. But it could also be the ignition switch. Hopefully its just a bad fuse, that ways its a cheap and easy fix.
RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:27 AM   #7
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i would say its your ignition switch, there were quite a few recalls on them in the fox body style mustangs. cause a loose fuse wouldnt fix itself after turning off the car. i would replace your ignition.
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:00 PM   #8
jpumpkinn
Registered Member

Coupe5oh,

The show was pretty small but still cool! Funny thing is I took the first place trophy home for the mustang devision. I was not even going to enter. I just happened to park in the wrong area and some guy convinced me to enter. To bad there was no cash prize.

About the ignition I may have it looked at? I am very reluctant to go to the dealer after the botched up my last visit! Any more suggestions?
Old 04-11-2002, 12:31 AM   #9
93blkGTfun
Registered Member

Exclamation blinkers blower motor

I had this exact same problem in my mustang. For a few months the blinkers and blower motor would work sporatically, but after that they quit completely. Inside the dash, attached to the right side of the steering column, is a large, approx 3'' electrical connector, that plugs in with two clips. One of the clips on mine was cracked, which made it loose, if i pushed in on it tje blinkers and blower motor came on. My solution was to use a couple of electrical wire ties. You can access this connector under the grey panel that is right above your knees. Just take of the steering column cover and the knee panel, and hopefully it will solve your problem.
93blkGTfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 04:14 PM   #10
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

jpumkin,
did you fix the electrical thing?

sorry about the lame night at the track, the display boards werent working, not to mention the people breaking, or just getting 2 second reation times, or the 17 second ricers, i will call you on a bigdog shootout, there is usually many 9-10 sec car, includind mike murrilos 7 sec car. a waste

mph- 99.92 mph
Old 04-12-2002, 06:44 PM   #11
jpumpkinn
Registered Member

I think I finally figured out what the problem is! For some reason if I turn the key to far the car will start but the blinkers and blower motor will not work. All I have to do is turn it back a pinch and everything works ok? I believe this started when someone tried to steal my car and messed a bunch of the ignition stuff. Simple solution just tricky to figure out. Thanks for the help.