MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-2002, 02:16 PM   #1
byrnech
Registered Member

Unhappy Any ideas on a couple things?

Pretty simple small problems I am having. First off is there a wire that I have to hook up with a powermaster high amp alternator with the one wire hook up? I am not getting anything on my voltmeter in my gauge panel. And secondly my car seems to be burning oil. I beleve it is from the way I have my pcv hooked up to my intake. I have the pcv running from the back of the lower right into the intake vaccume port on the bottom in the middle of the upper intake. I have a breather on the pass. side valve cover, but I have it kind of stuffed up so oil doesn't come out of it. I think that pressure is buiding up in the crankcase area and coming out of the pcv into the intake and running into the intake ports. Causing the smoke at idle and at high rpm, get's pretty bad at high rpm. Keep in mind this is a brand new motor, maybe 2000mi on it. I am going to get an oil catch can with a breather and run it from the pcv hole with hose and aluminum AN fittings to keep it from going into the intake. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone? Or does anyone have any ideas? And one more thing, I think my MAF sensor element might be dirty. If it was really gunked up would it cause the car to stumble and hesitate a bit? And would it cause the car to run super rich? At idle it makes some of my friends to feel a little sick. It had made eyes water a couple times, "god dang stupid allegies". Thanks for any help, -Chris
Old 07-17-2002, 11:08 PM   #2
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up

LOL never made my eyes water.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Stroked408 is offline   Reply With Quote