MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-04-2002, 06:18 PM   #1
VeNuM
Registered Member

Question Suspension work

I need to start upgrading my suspension pretty soon. Right now Everything is bone stock in the front and back. Next spring my car will have a new ~380hp motor so I would like to do some work on the rear end to get that power transfered to the ground. The first thing I know I need to do is weld in subframes. Should I get new upper and lower control arms? If so, what brand do you guys recommend. How about some other components that should be upgraded? This will be mainly my daily driver but will see the strip.

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 06:51 PM   #2
bigblockcoupe
Registered Member

one thing i would also do is weld up the torque boxes they are only spot welded from the factory and can tear out if you launch hard on slicks i have southside machine uppers and lowers on my cobra and d@d motorsports uppers and lowers on my coupe the southsides hook up great but are pretty hard on the torque boxes and are a little more involved as far as the installation goes the d@d control arms are pretty much a straight swap and they work pretty darn good too also remember to order an extra pair of bushings for the upper arms where they bolt to the rearend most control arms don't include these bushings.
Rice Haters Club member #68

'93 Cobra 10.20@135

'89 Gt Coupe 12.20@115
bigblockcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
SlowGT
Registered Member

I got the Factory Five uppers and lowers when they first came out and they've served my well. The only reason I'm taking them off is to install Lakewood Action Traction liftbars. Competition Engineering just installed an 8pt cage and their rear anti sway kit in my car. I'm picking it up on Saturday. I won't be able to tell you how much difference the anti sway kit makes by itself but I could let you know how much different it feels with both if you're interested.

New Slow GT--> under construction

Latest Addition: 95 Cobra R, #73, bone stock, ~6100 miles.
SlowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 12:42 AM   #4
SlowGT
Registered Member

Picked it up last night. Turns out I got a 10pt for the price of an 8pt. Totally different car dude. On the street it hooks 100% better. I'm sure a lot of that can be credited to the CE anti roll kit that's welded to the axle tube. I don't think stiffening the chassis could make that big of a difference. Can't wait to get to the track and see how my 60's turn out.

New Slow GT--> under construction

Latest Addition: 95 Cobra R, #73, bone stock, ~6100 miles.
SlowGT is offline   Reply With Quote