MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-27-2003, 10:35 PM   #1
XavB
Registered Member

Default HEC Cluster Diagnostic

Ok, my car has been having problems starting up. So I remember that mustang world.com has this HEC Instrument Cluster Diagnostic test, I'm sure everyone knows about this, nothing new. Well anyway I do it and get the code dtc5284 (oil pressure switch failure). Is this something I should worry about? I thought it only came on because the car was off but I turned the car on and it still came on. Am I over reacting or should I take it in to the dealer? What could it be?

Mac CAI
FRPP 3.73s
Custom Diablo Chip

http://members.cardomain.com/xavbue
XavB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

when you started the car did the oil pressure come up if it didn`t i would replace the sender on the engine you either have no oil pressure or the sender is bad replace the sender then try it again if it still comes on your pump is gone and you may have done some damage
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:14 PM   #3
XavB
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Yup, when i turned on the car the code was still there. No check engine light is coming on though shouldn't it be? I am going to take the car to ford soon, i have to coming up on 36000 miles. I just gotta take my chip out first.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:23 AM   #4
mlambrecht82
Registered Member

My 02 GT does the same thing, and it has for over a year. I don't think it is anything to worry about, I think that the GT has an oil pressure sensing unit, not an oil pressure sending unit. The difference is the sending unit turns on a oil light when pressure is low, and the sensing unit is a variable resistor that controls a gauge, this is just something that I thought up on my own, so you should probably still give Ford a call and find out, keep us posted. Thanks.

Custom Electronic Exhaust cut outs
Tuning via Diablo Predator
Ported and polished Throttle body and plenum
Line locker (for the smoke shows)
Stock boost
412 rwhp 379 rwtq
mlambrecht82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 05:29 PM   #5
XavB
Registered Member

Ok heres the deal. I tooy my 2000 GT (auto) to ford about 3 weeks ago to have them check out why my car takes so long to start and why it jumps like I'm revving the engine when i go from reverse to drive. They say we can't see any problems but take out the cold air intake and bring it back and we'll check it out again. So, this week i took it back. Yesterday they tell me that the problem about going from reverse to drive and the rpms droppin and then jumping so high is normal. NORMAL? And that as far as the car taking so long to start, they were able to recreate that problem and that one of the times the car did it there was low fuel pressure. Otherwise they said that it is normal for the car to take so long to start. the only thing they recommended doing is changing out the fuel filter...the fuel filter was already changed out at like 17,000 miles and the car only has about 30500 miles on it now. They are keeping my car over the weekend and i gotta go in Monday morning and start the car up myself and show them what I am talking about. They've will have had the car for a week. One time i started up the car in the morning, it started up really weak and sounded like it wanted idle out so i gave it gas and it died on me. Anybody got any idea what could be wrong with my car? Please help. I miss my stang.

Mac CAI
FRPP 3.73s
Custom Diablo Chip

http://members.cardomain.com/xavbue