MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-28-2001, 12:58 PM   #1
blueneonman1
Registered Member

Question Anyone use "Spiralmax"?

I saw this "spiralmax" (www.spiralmax.com) thingy which says it adds between 0-35hp and 32% increase in gas mileage. It basically looks like propellors in the intake. Does anyone use this thing and if so, does it really work? Their website has lots of testimonials and even dyno numbers, but I want to hear it from you guys...thanks.

------------------
Blueneonman - '95 5.0L Mustang GT Convertible | K&N Custom Cold Air Intake | FMS 9mm Wires | Hollow Cats | Flowmaster 2 Chambers | BBK Subframes | 6-pt Rollcage | King Cobra Clutch | FMS Adjustable Clutch Cable | B&M Short Throw | Coolest Neon Lighting on a Mustang EVER!

Homepage: http://www16.brinkster.com/blueneonman/
blueneonman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 01:47 PM   #2
swtstang
Registered Member

Don't do it!!!!!! A friend of mine got it on his y2k trans am. It is a rip off. It just sits behind the maf and it is supposed to "twist" the air, but it just restricts the air. It doesn't twist, it just stays stationary. I would not recommend it.
swtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

The thing itself doesn't spin, it is supposed to be station, but spin the air. I doubt it does anything, might help on a carbed car, but don't waste money on it.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 03:45 PM   #4
blueneonman1
Registered Member

Got it, anything else?

------------------
Blueneonman - '95 5.0L Mustang GT Convertible | K&N Custom Cold Air Intake | FMS 9mm Wires | Hollow Cats | Flowmaster 2 Chambers | BBK Subframes | 6-pt Rollcage | King Cobra Clutch | FMS Adjustable Clutch Cable | B&M Short Throw | Coolest Neon Lighting on a Mustang EVER!

Old 06-28-2001, 10:14 PM   #5
SPEEDY88
Registered Member

a friend of mine tried this thing called the "power tower" which fits between the throttle body and the intake. It says that it will swirl the air as it enters the intake and it was supposed to give it an extra 20 horses....bull5hit, it didn't do a damn thing....Don't do it!!! Don't waste the money. If you want to throw away money then just tell me and I will give you my address so you can send it to me...lol hope this helps

------------------
88GT-Bassani X-pipe,Two chamber flowmasters,3:73 gears, King Cobra clutch, Steeda clutch quadrant, pro 5.0, K&N, Hypertech chip, Underdrive Pulleys,High Volume oil pump....ALL POWERED BY MY FOOT!!!
SPEEDY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 10:22 PM   #6
blueneonman1
Registered Member

Well, the people on StangNet share the same feelings as you all. So, without further adieu, this thread can be closed and Spiralmax Corp. can save their propellors for the ricers who want to supercharge their cars . Thanks guys.

------------------

Old 06-28-2001, 10:48 PM   #7
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

no offence Speedy88 but I don't think you should really say anything about throwing money away, cause I've never talked to anyone with any car that has actually improved performance with an "over the counter" chip like the hypertech, like I said no offence but just thought i'd point it out

------------------
88 Notch, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best 1/4--> 13.77@101.35
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 02:19 AM   #8
84stangLX

I just read an article in a magazine called like auto world that used the "Tornado" thingy that does what the products already stated do. Well, they tested it on a '99 Chevy Suburban with a 7.4L and it added .1 sec to the 1/4 mile time and like .5 mph. It also reduced gas mileage by 1 full mile per gallon. It probably poses more of a restriction than anything else and at like $80 it's a total rip off. Swirl is already built and tuned inside the induction system of a car (ever heard of "tumble port" heads, or "shrouded valves".) If anything this product may help a LITTLE bit on the lowend, but it has to restrict flow somewhat. Just my opinion.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car