MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
gramsch
Registered Member

Angry Help TPS still reading WOT, can't figure it out

After a mass air conversion to a 91 computer and wiring harness my TPS sensor is reading 4.92 (WOT) when the throttle blade is closed. It should read .98 volts. I have bought a new sensor and it still reads WOT. Am I installing it wrong? Do I have to turn the inside of the TPS then put it on the throttle body? Could the new harness be hooked up wrong somewhere? The car starts and idles fine but when I rev it up then let it idle again, it will die when I try to give it gas again (floods out) because the TPS is telling the computer that it is wide open and keeps pumping gas in. I cant' figure it out and need some help to get the car on the road.

------------------
Michael "Deke" Gramsch
87'GT - Oxford White (soon to be vermillion red)
Powerdyne 9 PSI Supercharger, 30# fuel injectors, Pro-M 77mm
MSD 6AL ignition and coil, 65mm FMS throttle body, K&N filter, Accel Pro Billet Distributor, Fluidyne Radiator and Blue Hose Kit, Long Tube Headers, Off Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, MAC Shifter, Weld Draglites, 190 LPH Fuel Pump, ADJ Fuel Pressure Regulator & Fuel Pressure Gauge, Along With Various Other Mods.
gramsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 07:01 AM   #2
jimberg
Registered Member

Pull the TPS with the key still in on position and with you still probing it. Turn the blade until it reads .98v and then reinstall it.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote