MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-11-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
mrstangblb
Registered Member

Question HELP w/AODE '94 Trans not going into D, 2, or 1, but will go into R

I just bought a '94 Mustang 5.0 GT. I drove it almost 600 miles over the past two days with no problems whatsoever back home, and it ran GREAT.

The 'Stang only has 50,600 miles on it now, and it has some mods but nothing that ought to hurt it at all. The previous owner had some 750hp-rated transmission work done to it last June, and it sure shifted strongly all weekend and especially on the trip back home. I had to get on it a time or two, and it ran off and left the people I was passing on I-85.

My problem is that I backed it into the garage last night just before going to bed, and when I got up to go to church this morning for our Easter service, it would fire up fine, but when I pulled it down into Drive, it will not do anything. Down into Second - nothing. Down into First - nothing.

Now if I go from Drive, 2 or 1 into Reverse, it goes into Reverse and will back up. Putting it into Park also keeps it in Park.

What in the WORLD is the problem? I would think that it would be some relay or vacuum line or something small, because the transmission work was done by a local shop up there where I bought it that does this all the time, plus they put in a new 3.73 rear end as well.

Can I get any help from anyone? I'm going to try to see what I can do tomorrow if I can get a day off from work. The linkage and everything seems to be connected well after jacking it up and looking underneath, so I am HOPING that it is simply a problem in a relay or something small.

Thanks for ANY help anyone can give me,

Barry

Jeremiah 29:11
mrstangblb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
stang_racer20
Registered Member

First things first. Check your fluid level and condition. Is it discolored or does it smell burnt?
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #3
mrstangblb
Registered Member

Default Good fluid

I thought of those, so I checked them immediately, and the fluid doesn't smell burnt, and it still looks good and red. That's a big plus!

I failed to mention that the transmission was built at Heffner's Performance Center in Maryland, adding a transmission cooler when the work was done as well as a 2500 Stall converter sometime in the same vicinity as this work.

A little more research is turning up that it may be the MLPS. I'm hoping my local Ford dealership is decent at working on 5.0s that have been hopped up a little bit... I don't have a shop manual to get into, and I'd need detailed instructions on how to get into something like this anyway.

Jeremiah 29:11
mrstangblb is offline   Reply With Quote