MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-09-2001, 09:18 AM   #1
Frank_L
Registered Member

Lightbulb Advice

I just bought an 85 Mustang. I want to first rebuild the engine and when I get it to run like I want I will go in to other things. The problem is I have a complete lack of experience (This would be my first project.) and really only know the bare basics about car engines. I don’t know anybody that knows about cars or that could help me out. All I would have to guide me are one or two books that I picked up. And they refer to some things, im not sure what they are. Any way, what do you think? When you first started on your first car did you dive in and figure it out as you went? or is that too stupid? What did you have to guide you on your first project? Is it possible for me to do this? What Advice would you give to some one just starting on their first car?
Frank_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:11 PM   #2
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Cool

I'd say to not go overboard on your 1st build up... it's real easy to over carb, over cam a car.. and you need to decide what you want the car to do.. handle? just straight line? or some of both... and you need to find out what emissions laws you have to comply with..
doesnt do any good to get the car the way you want and not pass the smog test.. ;-)

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives BBK shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
13.85@102.5
and a '68 stang that WAS nasty ;-)

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote