MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-11-2001, 12:35 PM   #1
RMARIANI
Registered Member

Angry Think I just got screwed - not in a good way!!

I just got back from the Ford dealership where I buy my parts from. I'm replacing my fuel pump and wanted the clips that hold the two brake lines on. They had the "duck billed" clips in stock for 50 cents. The other "hair pin" clip he said I had to order. My normal guy wasn't there and it seemed that the guy who was serving me really wasn't to interested. He said that you don't have to replace that clip and that he hasn't ordered one in about 3 years. It was almost like he was trying to talk me out of buying it. Just like the fuel filter clips, I feel these clips need to be replaced. I asked how much he says $4.75!! I couldn't believe it, but I had no choice so I ordered it. I'm not cheap, ESPECIALLY when it comes to my Mustang, but that sounded to me like he just made up that price. What do you guys/gals think??
RMARIANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 04:27 PM   #2
D&R Stang

Cool

I can't speak from experience with ordering the clips through Ford because when I installed my 190lph pump, it came with the clips, but I can speak about how unbelievable expensive even the simplest parts can be from Ford. Make sure it's the right clip too, because if they "special" order a part for you and it's not the one you need, you CAN'T return it. I got screwed out of two hundred bucks because of this and now have a few parts I'll never need or use. I had the forman over at Ford in AZ argue with me for an hour telling me that I couldn't put a 93HO 302 in my 69 coupe with a C-4. That battle lasted about a month and he's the one that screwed up and ordered me an AOD flexplate instead of a C-4 one, but I couldn't return it. He is no longer working at Ford. Apparently I wasn't the only one who discovered that he had no clue what he was doing. Now that I'm done rambling, have a nice day.

------------------
Dave & Robin 88 GT, T5
306, polished crank, Speed Pro Powerforged pistons, ARP rod bolts, underdrive Crank pulley, Ram Air, 73mm MAF, Xtreme Energy Cam, 3.73's, 1 5/8 unequal length headers, Offroad H-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, turn-downs, King Cobra Clutch, Steeda adjustable clutch cable with firewall adjuster, 190lph fuel pump
Old 10-11-2001, 07:25 PM   #3
pac663
Registered Member

If you have a Pep Boys in your town check with them. I think I saw those clips at the in Westminster,CA.
pac663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 11:01 AM   #4
jpumpkinn
Registered Member

Angry

I hate the ford dealer! I had to replace many console parts and they were super expensive. Not only that the price seemed to change every time I inquired about them. I sent my car to the dealer to get fixed after someone tried to steal it. I took them 25 days to tell me that they could not locate a steering wheel? I made one call and got a used one for 75 bucks. To top it off the car had not been washed in 25 days, they handed me the parts to put on my self with no screws, and the car would not run when I picked it up? I ended up spending 300 bucks extra because I took it to the dealer. I will never do that agian. They can't do crap!
jpumpkinn is offline   Reply With Quote