MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-30-2001, 08:22 PM   #1
Doctor DeBo
Registered Member

Post Neutral Safety Switch

Ive got a friend with a 1975 Mustang and he is looking for a neutral safety switch P/N# D5ZP7A247-AA,he's had zero luck and I went to the Mustang II registry and found nothing,any help is appreciated.
Doctor DeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 08:58 PM   #2
zach0
Registered Member

have you tried a local auto store
zach0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 03:57 PM   #3
Doctor DeBo
Registered Member

This more like a harness with a plug on one end and a rotating assy with two mounts on the other,even the dealer cant cross it.
Old 10-31-2001, 06:19 PM   #4
PKRWUD

1975 was the last year that the neutral safety switch was incorporated into the seat belt starter interlock system, and it was quite a headache. This specific switch was unique to the 1975 Mustang II, and your odds of finding a replacement are extremely slim. If the problem your friend is having is simply not being able to start the engine, he can try to bypass the switch by jumping the two red w/light blue tracer wires at the connector where the neutral safety switch plugs into. Normally, this would work, but because of the complexities of the 1975 system, he may also need to splice together the red w/light blue tracer wire and the white w/pink dots wire at the override switch connector where it connects to the override switch in the engine compartment on the right inner fender panel (it should have a red pushbutton on it). Try the wires at the neutral safety switch first, and if that doesn't work, then do the wires at the override switch, but leave the neutral safety switch wires attached as well. This will enable the starter to work while the car is in gear, however, and care should be taken to not do this.

I hope this helps. Maybe I should have first asked what the problem was, but you get the info for free anyway.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 07:33 PM   #5
Doctor DeBo
Registered Member

Thanks for the indepth info PKRUD,I believe the no start is my friends problem,Ill let him know.