MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-10-2001, 11:17 AM   #1
GreggN3
Registered Member

Post Slight backfiring between 2k and 3k???

I parked my car over night with the battery out because i was planning on swaping it today(which was more of pain then i thought) so after i got everything back together i went for a ride and now it seems that when driving along at 2k rpm to 3k rpm the car sounds like its backfiring VERY faintly. It is noticeable at about 2800 rpm but not so bad as BANG BANG, just like faint pops. Has anyone had this happen to them ? Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this ? All i did was change the battery nothing more. If anyone has any ideas please let me know !

Well today i decided to swap my die hard battery for one of those fancy optima red tops. Well it wasnt as easy as i thought. Since the battery was just slightly too wide i had to cut the battery box. Then once everything was in the positive cable comming from the fuse box was about 1/2" short. Wouldnt fit. After taking the pos lead off the fuse box and flipping it the other way i was able to get the cable to stretch but JUST BARELY !!! Probably not worth all of the effort but i like the look better. Just wanted to let everyone know in case you were thinking of putting one in.

Thanks
Gregg

------------------
95 GT converted to Cobra Clone
Edelbrock upper and lower intake, 70mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, Cobra 1.7 roller rockers, AFR 165cc heads o-ringed, FMS 24lb injectors, MAC longtube headers, Off road X-pipe, full mac exhaust, FMS frame stiffeners, trackit plus suspension kit, strut tower brace, 17" cobra Rs, FMS aluminum driveshaft with driveshaft loop, msd ignition

FINALLY FINISHED !
Http://www.nbacars.com
GreggN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 02:57 PM   #2
PKRWUD

When ever your ECM is deprived of voltage, it needs to relearn both your vehicle and your driving habits. This often will cause unusual noises and/or sensations. Drive it normally for a day or two, and the problem should go away om it's own. If not, post about it.

As far as your battery cable, replace it. There should never be any taughtness at all in a battery cable. It's alot cheaper than a tow truck.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote