Thread: slight stumble
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 01:21 AM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: slight stumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLe five OH! View Post
changed the fuel filter, last tune up was at (did it what i got the car)96,000...i'm at 112,900 now...its not doing it as bad as it was before...i think i just had a clogged injector...
Injector issues are more likely to present themselves while the engine is cold from my experience. They're also often accompanied by a slight backfire. If the injector got "clogged" it's not something that generally just works itself out.

The issue you're describing could be any number of things including worn ignition system components, fuel system components or even a MAF malfunction.

Start with the basics.

Does the problem happen when cold or after driving for a while? You indicated the problem only surfaces at low rpms under a slight load so that makes me feel you should take a peek at the easy stuff like distributor cap & rotor, spark plugs, and the spark plug wires. For about the same price as having the injectors cleaned, you can purchase the schraeder value connection kit and a can of real injector cleaner and give you injectors a proper cleaning.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote