MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2004, 12:21 AM   #1
kvanderstel
Registered Member

Default light throttle stumble

I've noticed this is getting worse over the last few days.

If I drive at steady/light throttle is get this stumble, if I give more throttle is seems fine, as soon as I back off to a light throttle again it starts to stumble again.

I havn't done any of the usual tune up stuff yet I was just wondering if anyone had any likely places to start.
kvanderstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:20 AM   #2
stanger9219
Registered Member

i had a similar prblem that evolved into the car not starting and running like crap. It would surge at light throttle and get better as i floored it. Turned out it was a bad mass air. You can check the mass air by tapping on the sensor with a wrench or something while the car is on, if its bad the cars idle will change. Dont know if its the problem or not, but its an easy test. just my 2 cents.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:23 AM   #3
stang_racer20
Registered Member

Default Re: light throttle stumble

Quote:
Originally posted by kvanderstel
I've noticed this is getting worse over the last few days.

If I drive at steady/light throttle is get this stumble, if I give more throttle is seems fine, as soon as I back off to a light throttle again it starts to stumble again.

I havn't done any of the usual tune up stuff yet I was just wondering if anyone had any likely places to start.
I am having the exact problem in my truck right now, most likely a misfire. Under very light throttle or a steady speed the truck would jerk/stumble. I thought without a doubt it was the plugs until just today. I started it this morning and idled for about 3 seconds. Then just like that it died and wouldnt start. It cranks like theres no tomorrow(new starter), but it wont fire whatsoever. I'm going out tomorrow to see what I can find out. I'll let ya know if I find my problem. Let me know if you figure yours out too!
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote