MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2001, 01:57 PM   #1
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Post Smog Stuff Help

Would I get any gain if I plugged the heads off from the copper looking tubing from where they connect to the tubing from the smog pump? The rest of the smog stuff is still connected though. Where does the vaccuum tube from the smog stuff go too? Not the first vaccuum tube but the second one. Mine goes to a bracket with other vaccuum tubes but just stops there.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, 3.73 Gears, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. mandrel bent cat back, High Flow H-Pipe, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 07:23 PM   #2
84stangLX

The tubes that go into the back of your heads that are from your air pump i believe goes into the exhaust ports and mixes with the Carbon Monoxide and Hydrocarbons to make H2O and CO2 for better emissions. There's no gain by getting rid of this alone, but if you get rid of your air pump (if you don't have to take emissions) then you'll probably want to get rid of the tubes since they'll just take up space. I'm not sure where your vacuum hoses go to since i have a different year stang than your car, but you can easily do without the air pump if you don't need to take emissions. I believe the vacuum tube you're talking about is probably just a vacuum source for something on the air pump, it probably actuates a vacuum controlled device on the pump. Why are you curious? Do you want to get rid of it?
Old 04-30-2001, 02:32 AM   #3
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Question

Well, the piece that connects the rubber hose to the metal tube broke and I can't get off the nut that the piece was connected to. I was thinking of sealing it off somehow, but I cant find a way with out taking off that piece.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, 3.73 Gears, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. High Flow H-Pipe & Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance, 8.5mm MSD Plug Wires
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote