MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2002, 04:10 AM   #1
Import Slayer
Registered Member

Default smoking, mods, wheels, and losing wieght

Hello. I have a 89 LX 5.0 5 speed hatchback that i bought last winter. It now has 93 000 kms (60000 miles?) and There a little bit of greyish blue smoke comming out of the tailpipes. Im guessing it has something to do with the valves. Is it worth worrying about? The only mods right now is an off road H pipe, removed air silencer, a B&M short throw shifter, and 13 degree timing. I Took it off the road now until next spring because i want to turn her into a nice daily driver 12-13 second car. I want to get her some gears(3:55s or 3:73s), pulleys, a fenderwell intake, subframes, and possibly new wheels ( i have ugly 10 holes). I want the back tires to look considerably bigger than the fronts. Ill have about 3 grand (canadian) to put into her.

1.Has anyone here heard of or done this? Removing your sound deadener material from your car to reduce wieght? Would It really be loud and anoying if i did? how much wieght do u think id save? and how should i take it out?

2. I have the power lumbar seats. I am guessing these seats are heavy. Are normal seats considerably lighter? should i get racing seats? or should i keep them. they are quite comfy after all lol.

3. On my dashboard in front of the passenger where that little wall is i was thinking about putting some gauges in there, is there room behind it?? has anyone ever heard of this being done? where can I put a much needed aftermarket oil gauge without it sticking out like a sore thumb.

What else do you think it would take for my car to be a 13 second car?? Would it run that if i did all this? also, If anyone can reccomend a brand or part number for any of the mods i listed it would be much appreciated. Its hard to get good advice around here. thanks

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote