Thread: Smoking Vents?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 08:54 PM   #16
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Re: Smoking Vents?

Alright, i got out of work early today so i had a couple hours to fool around with everything, but will be testing it all tomorrow. The car actually overheated on me going to a car show saturday, empty radiator, blah blah. So anyways, I bypassed the heater core, installed a new t-stat and gasket. Well i noticed the gasket wasn't doing much consider i was getting a pretty even flow of water out of the housing on the bottom. So i kept the gasket on there and used some sealant. Im going to wait until tomorrow to let it cure before i test that out. Im pretty sure this should take care of all the little leaks i seemed to be getting. I also noticed before that the heater core, or evaporator drain was pouring out some liquid when the car was off. The last thing, I haven't changed the radiator cap yet, i'm not sure what lbs to go with. The one that was on it i just noticed today is a 16lb cap. Im thinking it should be alot lower, maybe in the 6-10 range? Any ideas on that?
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote