MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2002, 12:02 PM   #1
bwilli13
Registered Member

Default So many choices, got advice?

Where to start? I am new to this.
Here goes: I have a 91 GT and want to make it a street/strip car. All racing will be done at the track, and street driving will be very minimal. The problem is, there are so many engine combinations available, I don't know which to choose. Should I go 306, 331, or 347? This will be a superchaged motor! Any input will be appreciated!! Thanks!!
bwilli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 11:41 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Well if you want the Power Cubes is they way to go I say 347.....
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up Have a plan

Best advice I can give on this subject,is have a plan.

Sit down draw up a pro/con list of going blown compared to using nitrous,turbo or staying on the motor.

I will add this since you ask,be prepared for tuning issues with a supercharger motor,lot more engine heat,lot of noise from the blower,parts breakage,those are the cons.

The Pro's get ready for things to get bigger in your windshield real quick when you step on the gas,getting ready for fading headlights in your rear view mirror when you step on the gas.

The power is always there,no need to wait for spooling up,or re-filling nitrous bottles.

Lot of options out there,like I said have a plan.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Stroked408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 12:28 AM   #4
Young_Pony

Hey,

I agree with stroked408, have a plan

I would sugest looking into a 331 with a roots style blower (aka Kenne Bell, Eaton, Weihend*) with the 331 it is lighter than a 347 so it would be better if you ever decided to try open track racing, or autocross, it would also be a little more unusual than a 347, but you would gain about 50 HP using stock heads, cam, intake, and then with a roots style blower, your making max boost at 2k RPM vs max boost at redline, so a little funner to drive on the street, well thats my .02

steven